DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

I believe you still get the day between when they move out and someone else moves in to find a villager yourself.  it's honestly about all I use my Nook Miles for these days.  

9 minutes ago, CSC said:

I believe you still get the day between when they move out and someone else moves in to find a villager yourself.  it's honestly about all I use my Nook Miles for these days.  

Basically here is what happened for me

My last resident announced he was leaving (and I am laughing because I can't even remember his stupid name)

On his last day - the one where he was still in his house packing - someone showed up at the camp site. I didn't invite them.

I thought the next day - the house would be vacant and I would go pick out a resident. Instead when I loaded in - the house was already sold.

That happened to me once before too but not every time.

I think I thought that the house had to be vacant otherwise I couldn't invite the randos I meet on Islands. Mainly because I technically wouldn't have an open spot when I invited them.

I know better now. I have three residents that I will try and convince to stay if they announce they are leaving. The rest are whatever.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yup

I my recent resident came from Mark's island. (And one of the streams I watch - one of the terrible residents moved from one person's island to another friends and is terrible there)

I don't know if the game gives a preference to residents you might have met when you visit someone else's island but it definitely happens

Basically it just has to line up that someone leaves one island and you happen to have a vacancy on yours

I don't have any villagers that I actively hate yet.

My first visitor to the campsite was Hippeux, who seems relatively harmless.

Hornsby was the one that came over from Tranquila. Haven't really gotten too many chances to talk to him.

But I kind of like the villagers I have to this point.

Went hard on turnips this week in the hopes on being able to pay off my last Nook loan.

Im positive that means this will be a decreasing week

Oh yeah - forgot to mention that

FINALLY hit 5 stars this morning

All it took was taking all the diner stuff I had acquired and was just sitting in my vault and throwing it out on the beach

• Like 1

So after reading up on that weather predictor thing - it gave me some tips for getting shooting stars (or how to know if you are going to get any)

So when Celeste showed up last night I was better prepared.

It was the rare shooting star night so basically it was once every 5 minutes or so 3 or 4 would go and then you would have to wait

I only got about 5 star pieces this morning but at least it is enough to finally create a wand

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So after reading up on that weather predictor thing - it gave me some tips for getting shooting stars (or how to know if you are going to get any)

So when Celeste showed up last night I was better prepared.

It was the rare shooting star night so basically it was once every 5 minutes or so 3 or 4 would go and then you would have to wait

I only got about 5 star pieces this morning but at least it is enough to finally create a wand

They’ll keep showing up on your island throughout the day if you got a lot last night.

10 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They’ll keep showing up on your island throughout the day if you got a lot last night.

yeah - though last night I only did it for about 10 minutes so I think I got all the ones I am going to get this time.

18 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

You can still get campsite visitors if you're full up.  Usually if you talk to them enough they'll offer to move in and kick out a random villager.

I thought that 2nd part only happened if you imported someone via Amibo

I don't actively hate any on my island enough to kick them out. Including the meat head I got from Mark's island who name I legit can't remember

Just now, RIPPA said:

I thought that 2nd part only happened if you imported someone via Amibo

I don't actively hate any on my island enough to kick them out. Including the meat head I got from Mark's island who name I legit can't remember

You can do it with any visitor, but not all of them will offer to move in.  And some will make you do the guess the card color/suit game before they'll offer.

Some Bug Events tips from the gamexplain discord 

-Don't craft nets, they won't break mid round. Customize them after each one. Unless you want to break/craft them, in which case use Flimsy Net.
-Scape temporal land bridges and a route around part of your island.
-Spread rotten turnips and tree stumps along your route for easy extra points.
-Run wisely, south to north if you don't wanna spook bugs.
-Don't bother with beaches, nothing spawns there at Bug Off times.
-Scout bagworms/spiders before the event.

Just so you guys know from someone who hasn't played this game and has no real idea what half of this stuff is that y'all are going on about. Y'all sound like you dropped some really good acid. Brings back fond memories of the 1970s....