DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 5/5/20

Pretty good show with some cool stuff set up for future episodes. Loved the opening exchange between Sami/Shamrock/Elgin.  Nice to see Kimber Lee, another great potential addition to the roster here. Another fun triple threat main event this week, this time for the X title, good stuff there. Moose believing he's the real worlds champion rules. Next week tournament begins to find the next #1 contender for Tessa's title, brackets look interesting, I'm hoping Shamrock makes it to the final where I imagine he'll lose to either Elgin or Callihan. 

Results:

Impact Wrestling - May 5, 2020

*Sami Callihan opened the show with a promo. Callihan said he went toe to toe with Ken Shamrock and he's still standing. Callihan said he doesn't need anyone's help which is why he took out oVe for getting involved in his business. Sami said he and Shamrock have unfinished business and called him out. Shamrock came out and put over Sami as a tough SOB, listing off big names he has tapped out before but noting that Sami didn't tap. Shamrock said they could either go back and finish this or put this behind them and go after the world title. Shamrock offered his hand but Michael Elgin interrupted. Elgin talked about how he was going to be world champion and said the line starts behind him. Sami said Elgin would choke like always so Elgin knocked him down. Shamrock then took down Elgin. Sami tried to piledrive Elgin but he escaped. Sami and Shamrock faced off in the center again but Sami hit his phone and disappeared.

*XXXL (Acey Romero & Larry D) def. oVe (Jake Crist & Madman Fulton w/ Dave Crist) (13:29) when Larry pinned Jake after a knockout punch.

*Suicide def. Johnny Swinger (3:42) after a swanton.

*Joseph P. Ryan def. Cousin Jake (8:49) via rollup with tights pulled

*Willie Mack(c) def. Ace Austin & Chris Bey (21:00) with the Frog Splash on Ace to retain the X Division Championship

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

impactbracket.jpeg

That is a... collection of wrestlers

Watch Sami and Elgin be some type of double dq or count out BS so Rohit makes the finals.

The right hand side is even worse in that none of the four should be number one contender. Fulton jobbed to Shamrock on PPV, Hernandez was awful last week, Rhino is decent enough, but not someone who should be in a world title feud, and Shamrock is terribly over the hill.

Since Impact runs a lean roster, if people are missing you really notice it. In theory, Eddie and RVD would be involved instead of a couple of these guys. Moose is out for storyline reasons, Mack is X-Division champ and Austin just had a rematch. Heck you could throw TJP in there.

I"m going to miss Great Gamma doing his terrible ring intros for Rohit.

The audio was really low on the Rosemary segment for me so I couldn't make out what she was saying, but anything with her gets a pass based on history.

I can't believe that I'm a Johnny Swinger fan in 2020, but here we are.

• Like 1