DVDVR Message Board

UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje (5/9/2020) - Jacksonville, FL (VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Having a guy with a potentially deadly infection go through a weight cut is... very bad. I feel like a lot of the people nowadays talking up safety being most important are just paying lip service (that is a much larger issue that doesn't really belong just here), but if UFC are truly being honest about wanting to do the best they possibly can they gotta change their procedure now. Jacare should have been pulled on Wednesday as soon as he indicated he had close contact with an infected individual, and so should anyone else fighting for UFC who is in a similar position.

• Like 2

Dave Meltzer said on his show today if this was any other company, the show would've been shut down and that many other commissions would've shut it down.

He also called the Florida commission lax and irresponsible.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Thanks 1

Feel the same way about this show as I did WrestleMania XXXVI, it shouldn't happen. Two stubborn promoters. Coronavirus is a killer. Not worth the risk.

Edited by The Natural
POS Phone.

Supposedly the same hotel for UFC is being used by AEW.  So that isn't encouraging.  Frankly given that they want to run shows every other week or 3 to catch up with this alleged ESPN requirement it is going to happen at least once a show.   It is the new normal 

• Like 1

Considering, provided everything does move forward today, I will probably order the show, I'm not going to be the one to advocate shutting it down. But there are definitely things Dana White and UFC have to answer for here. Up to them to deal with all that public scrutiny.

I just pray that this is the worst of it and no one else gets sick. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Heard a rumor that Dana is positive for the corona too. 

how in the world is this whole thing not getting canceled?

Shouldn’t a lawyer know better than to comment on something that would be a violation of HIPAA laws without any proof? Especially considering the person in question is talking about a well known public figure. 

Yet we can all safely say if it was a member of one of your beloved Houston sports teams you’d not post it period. 

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Supposedly the same hotel for UFC is being used by AEW.  So that isn't encouraging.  Frankly given that they want to run shows every other week or 3 to catch up with this alleged ESPN requirement it is going to happen at least once a show.   It is the new normal 

It's the Jacksonville Hyatt Regency. However, most of the AEW talent has gone home for the time being (the next taping is for the 5/20 Dynamite).

37 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's the Jacksonville Hyatt Regency. However, most of the AEW talent has gone home for the time being (the next taping is for the 5/20 Dynamite).

Jake Roberts is still there.

2 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

Shouldn’t a lawyer know better than to comment on something that would be a violation of HIPAA laws without any proof? Especially considering the person in question is talking about a well known public figure. 

Yet we can all safely say if it was a member of one of your beloved Houston sports teams you’d not post it period. 

That's why I called it a rumor.  Shouldn't I be on your ignore list?

EXlc1pwXsAA9F2P?format=jpg&name=medium

I imagine without the Jacare/Hall match, the early prelims would start 7 est. However, my TV listings have it starting at 6 eastern. Maybe that's going to be the pre-show.

Hyped to have fights back! Looking forward to the return of the greatest Dominick Cruz and a great matchup in Esparza/Waterson, 2 of the best. Whole card looks like it should be a good one.

• Like 3

Am I hallucinating or did I see Rogan doing an in ring post-fight interview (and without a mask) and then shaking hands? They came up with some neat CGI and that's what it was right? RIGHT???

He said everybody is being a pussy, that everybody was healthy and there's no reason for social distancing at the event. This was before Jacare's positive test, lol. Libertarian to the core, bb.