DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2020

Only flaw with that Wardlow squash was Grim doing a bad job taking the knee. I had a feeling that would happen. A lot that move requires a lot of help from the wrestler to take the move the right way, if not you get a Mr. Grim hesitating when he’s told to jump in the pool.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

11 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Hopefully they don't get repackaged, but Allie is separated from them. Since their AEW debut I've thought "The Butcher and the Blade" was an awesome name for a tag team, but that when you add "The Bunny" it just sounds ridiculous. What does a bunny have to do with a butcher and a blade? Other than you need all three to make hasenpfeffer?

She... She... She looked great in those pants. I’m not sure her getting paired up with QT is any better spot for her. Unless this is some sort of setup for an eventual double cross.

When I first saw her out there I thought “Oh they are setting up a tag match between the Natural Nightmares Vs. B&B”, but that seems not the case.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

She... She... She looked great in those pants.

I fear this conversation may lead places that will get us both banned, but you'll note I said nothing bad about the pants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While I concur with the above statements it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't see a QT heel turn though it could lead to a few weeks of wondering if he should or shouldn't. But for all we know she's still with the team and is bringing him into their trap. 

Please don't turn QT heel.  He's fun as a face as the over the hill underdog who does clumsy dadbod lucha.  He was a heel the first time I saw him in ROH, trying to look cocky in a Ric Flair Starter Kit robe while he was balding and out of shape, so he just came off as an 80s indie guy who would have like four kids and worked shows on weekends but still had a day job filling vending machines.

• Like 2

I think it's more likely we get a Butcher & Blade versus QT & Dustin mini-feud or something, with maybe Allie just being re-packaged (again) as just Allie instead of The Bunny.

I think I’d want to see QT turn heel just so he can work with all the guys he brings in now. Like I’d really love to see what more Lee Johnson, and Brady Pierce can do in the ring. Maybe give them some wins. Same with Cutler, and Avalon. Dark needs to slowly needs to turn into the show that elevates these unknown young guys so they can eventually breakout onto the main show. Not just the show where guys pad their stats.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I hate to break it to you, but once the pandemic is "over", these indie guys that have been getting a shot as of late won't be around nearly as much.

I don’t know, the commentary talked up Lee Johnson a lot last night, and the past few weeks. I guarantee he’ll get on the roster, maybe even Priece too. The other guys definitely won’t, but I see a case where they retain a few that they are high on, and have a certain “look” that they desire. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Yeah, sure, they'll bring on a few like they did with Anna Jay and Preston Vance, and maybe Suge D, but Dark isn't going to be anything other than matches to pad out records. And it'll be used in the same way to pad out the records of the guys you mentioned, and the ones that have been signed during the pandemic as well.

I just don't expect to see AEW bringing in boatloads of indie talent like they have been as jobber material once all of this is over (if ever), is what I'm saying.

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

I just don't expect to see AEW bringing in boatloads of indie talent like they have been as jobber material once all of this is over (if ever), is what I'm saying.

Yeah, I’m just saying the guys they are clearly high on to do more with. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Glad someone else is into Faboo Andre too. Dude is the perfect 2020 jobber, I hope he never wins a match.

I also hope the Allie appearance is just to lure QT and Dustin into a feud with B&B, I enjoyed them as a trio and I think they had more they could do with that gimmick before they move on from it.

Am I the only one enjoying Joey Janella these days? Feels like he's one tweak away from hitting on something good, someone needs to Paul Heyman him, hide the negatives and accentuate the positives. He's got personality but I don't think he'll ever be taken seriously as a legit wrestling contender.

Faboo has such an unsettling face. He kind of looks like what Chucky looked like near the end of the first Child’s Play.

@Godfrey I was thinking this earlier. Maybe B&B&B might get repackaged because FTR are coming in with a similar look, and were told they’d be going through a gimmick change. That’s just me speculating though because it’s quite unusual that they would get that treatment so soon.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Am I the only one enjoying Joey Janella these days? Feels like he's one tweak away from hitting on something good, someone needs to Paul Heyman him, hide the negatives and accentuate the positives. He's got personality but I don't think he'll ever be taken seriously as a legit wrestling contender.

Check last week's AEW Dynamite thread (or the week before?  Whatever show it was where Janela faced Cody)  for a lengthy argument between the pro and anti Janela factions of DVDVR.  It's worse than Team Beefy vs Team Glitterati as far as dividing the DVDVR community goes.  YOU'RE TEARING US APART, JANELA!

Edited by Technico Support

So apparently there will be a new Jericho cruise.  In February 2021.   Well I guess he better hope that "second wave" doesn't come in.   Even if it doesn't the idea of people going on any cruise is pretty nuts to me.  They were germ tanks to begin with.  But it's wrestling fans and to be fair I haven't really heard a bad review of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So apparently there will be a new Jericho cruise.  In February 2021.   Well I guess he better hope that "second wave" doesn't come in.   Even if it doesn't the idea of people going on any cruise is pretty nuts to me.  They were germ tanks to begin with.  But it's wrestling fans and to be fair I haven't really heard a bad review of it. 

Good luck if there’s an outbreak and everyone gets stuck on board for weeks or longer. Anyone getting on a cruise ship in the foreseeable future is insane. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You guys see the new AEW singles rankings?

aewtntrankings.png

The two titles are neck, and neck. This will piss off people that don’t like Cody.

They already said two weeks ago this is how the rankings would work out. Once the TNT champion was crowned, they wouldn't be ranked 1st or anything like that, they would wind up being listed as a champion with the rankings following that. The idea is that Whoever is first would likely be contending for the world title with others near the top being eligible to contend for the TNT title.

Also, anyone talking shit about Cody being champ, being listed as the champ, or anything like that is fucking dumb. Dude is one of the most over guys in the company, is practically the face of the company, probably one of the best promos in the company, and it completely contradicts all of the hand wringing over guys like Cody or Kenny not being booked at the top or losing more than they should.

Pick a lane folks.

• Like 3

I don't like Cody being the first TNT Champion, but I also realize that he's lost both of his big feuds since Dynamite debuted (Jericho & MJF). I don't think the Archer program is over yet either, it'll somehow get tied into the Darby/Taz/Cage stuff as well. Cody & Darby vs Cage & Archer would be a sight to see.