DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2020

The new intro does indeed suck. The animation ones are the best. It's like they go from good intro to shitty intro to good intro and back to a shitty intro again.

The only thing that really annoys me about the intro now is the sudden switch to that piece of music or whatever at the end of the intro. Scares the fuck out of me each time because there's absolutely no transition from the BTE song to that musical cue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Show is going on right now. It’s been a good J-Bro stream so far. Featuring Lance Cade breaking Marko Stunt’s nose.

Uhhhhhh

• Haha 2

Kip Sabian seems to have gotten hurt somehow as well. Shame, that was a really good tag squash they were having. But Jimmy using the Acid Rainmaker as a set up for his finisher does kind of cast doubt on Okada coming in.

Sammy Guevara mostly doing an unboxing video, except at the start Tito Ortiz is randomly his boxing coach.

I will say for all the flak about Alan Angels getting a lot against Omega  he's really good.  I liked the Omega match and really liked his showing against Sammy.  Forgot the other guy he went against before that but felt he looked there too.  Which basically means I would love to see get an AEW contract and see him work his way up from job guy to something more substantial.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I will say for all the flak about Alan Angels getting a lot against Omega  he's really good.  I liked the Omega match and really liked his showing against Sammy.  Forgot the other guy he went against before that but felt he looked there too.  Which basically means I would love to see get an AEW contract and see him work his way up from job guy to something more substantial.

He worked Fenix last week on AEW Dark. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The death of Vanguard 1 was this generation's version of when Spock died in Wrath of Kahn, prove me wrong.

I thought that was when Fale killed Daryl? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

I thought that was when Fale killed Daryl? 

Now you just gave me a great idea: Takahashi announces Daryl has grown up and bring out some spectacular high flyer in a Daryl mask and do tag matches.

• Like 3

I've really enjoyed pretty much all of the local talent they've been using, but I really wish they'd let at least one of them win once. It doesn't even have to be a 1-2-3 Kid/Razor-esce type moment, just throw them a bone perhaps. Preferably poor Lee Johnson.

5 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I've really enjoyed pretty much all of the local talent they've been using, but I really wish they'd let at least one of them win once. It doesn't even have to be a 1-2-3 Kid/Razor-esce type moment, just throw them a bone perhaps. Preferably poor Lee Johnson.

They wouldn't be local talent then.

Once Brandon Cutler and Peter Avalon come back, all the guys with 0-4 ish records are going to have someone to go over, probably.

• Like 1

i hope Moxley's next feud isn't with somebody that made their name in WWE. He's only had four high profile matches, they've all been "main events", and three of them are with WWE alum. i don't know if Mox/MJF is the answer, but let's see some homegrown/indie opponents.

Full Gear - Kenny Omega
Revolution - Chris Jericho
Dynamite Empty Arena match - Jake Hager
Double or Nothing - Brodie Lee

23 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i hope Moxley's next feud isn't with somebody that made their name in WWE. He's only had four high profile matches, they've all been "main events", and three of them are with WWE alum. i don't know if Mox/MJF is the answer, but let's see some homegrown/indie opponents.

Full Gear - Kenny Omega
Revolution - Chris Jericho
Dynamite Empty Arena match - Jake Hager
Double or Nothing - Brodie Lee

Well, good news for you:  he’s defending the title against Brian Cage at FyterFest.

• Like 1

Speaking of FyterFest - Meltzer says the plan pre-COVID was for that event to be their UK debut, and it would have been the show that Anthony Ogogo made his debut at as well.