DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2020

4 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

AEW got fined $10,000 by the Maryland State Athletic Commission after the Moxley/Omega match at the November PPV

I heard Chris did this as a favor to the Dark Order so they wouldn't look like nearly as big a bunch of dorks as he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"This puts AEW on notice, as well, and it embarrasses the company. By this time tomorrow the story will have spread far and wide. And it will appear in mainstream publications. This is a black eye for AEW and for the business."

lolwut

How can a guy who has been in and around wrestling for so long honestly think the mainstream gives two shits about wrestling "scandals?"  By all appearances, WWE paid off a politician in Florida, does business with a regime who chopped up an American citizen, and thinly dodges labor laws.  That's just three quick ones off the top of my head and all are bigger stories than two dudes bleeding in a match.  None of these are covered in mainstream publications.  Nobody cares.  What a dork.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

On 5/6/2020 at 2:33 AM, alstein said:

Colt vs Kip was great on Dark this week.  Worth watching for that alone. 

Colt Cabana is a grossly underrated performer.  Hoping they get around to the mainstage version of the Omega-Cabana feud soon.  

• Like 2

Speaking of BTE, I about died during the Private Party segment when "Whoop That Trick" started playing. I have no idea how they avoided a YouTube strike/takedown for using that track.

And if you don't know what Whoop That Trick is, you need to go and watch Hustle and Flow.

NSFW

Anyway, all of the Private Party stuff reminds me a lot of what Donald Glover was originally going for with Atlanta, which was hood Twin Peaks.

20 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

AEW got fined $10,000 by the Maryland State Athletic Commission after the Moxley/Omega match at the November PPV

can somebody let the Maryland State Athletic Commission that their match was Unsanctioned. therefore, AEW can't be held responsible for what happened. It's like they didn't watch the show at all.....

• Haha 5

Why is an "Athletic Commission" that is little more than a disgusting extortion racket allowed to exist? The people in charge couldn't give two shits about the health or safety about the wrestlers, they just want to scam promoters out of money (Seriously, go look up the things that are "illegal" under MSAC law.). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Colt Cabana is a grossly underrated performer.  Hoping they get around to the mainstage version of the Omega-Cabana feud soon.  

There was an Omega-Cabana feud in the indies?   I don't think Colt is underrated here.  I'd argue he might be a top 5 guy in AEW right now in terms of being able to put on good matches, though I don't know if he'd work with everyone- I think Colt is best working Euro style (why the match with Kip was so good)

So, a UFC fighter and two of his corner men have tested positive for the Rona.

UFC and AEW have been sharing a hotel this week.

Poor Jake Roberts is never gonna get to go back to DDP’s house.

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Love Jericho.

I don't have any idea why he deleted it, but I tend to agree with him. 50 fucking years old, making everyone he comes in contact with look like a million bucks. The dude has kept himself relevant and been just as entertaining as ever before with every reinvention. This is a dude in the twilight of his career using every ounce of his learned skillset to build a brand new national company. That's a pretty goddamn special thing to do.

• Like 3

Any chance his next match (vs Suge D/ Pineapple Pete on Wednesday) doesn't end with Jericho over, clean in the middle? Anyone want to predict that?