DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Hayes vs Gaspairrini

Hayes tries to eat him up just like he did Casi but Gasparinni (Who I would describe as "some really game Italian guy" makes him work for it.

Not here though (what do you even do with this bs?):

q7WqRG.gif

This step up monkey flip is so cool:

nxW05R.gif

Gasparrini doesn't give up, but then neither does Hayes. This is an amazing sequence:

xnWAk9.gif

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
8 hours ago, AxB said:

Not sure if this is the Rick Rude getting Atomic Drops account owner diversifying, or if he's inspired someone else, but:

This is fantastic.

Screaming.

Not nearly as flashy but I really like how he escapes from this one. Again, it's just inevitable. Lord Alfred was a force of nature:

vl6yBr.gif

Unstoppable. Unbeatable:

D1KDLn.gif

Basically Sid. "You think you're going to escape? No, let me 1957 Power Bomb you instead."

MwnPl3.gif

• Like 3

These three happen in quick succession:

More amazing escapes:

ANEzZB.gif

Another monkey flip to get out of a single leg (!) and a hell of a knee crusher after a dodge:

VAzqR5.gif

It doesn't matter what he tries, Alfred's got this:

L7mOEg.gif

• Like 3

I see lots of evidence yet my mind still has a hard time associating Lord Alfred Hayes with this awesome wrestler that I see in these gifs.  This above all else is a revelation.

• Like 2

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/05/tuesday-is-french-catch-day-al-hayes-x2.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzb8z-jNyFI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATJb6y2yCek

We've seen him in other matches but in these ones, he REALLY ate up his opponents. It was nuts. Casi went to cheapshots because he couldn't hang (and then ended up in a slugfest that he didn't win), but Gasparrini really tried to hang and just got demolished. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Log said:

I hope Al yelled, “Judo chop!” like Austin Powers before he threw one. 

Or "Promotional consideration paid for by the following...".

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

You'd think, right, if a Wrestler was thinking about putting something like that into a match, they'd go to at least one of the people they were diving onto and say "Make sure you actually catch me... don't just slap my back and fall down".

• Like 1

Next Tuesday we finish 1957. Arroyo vs Husberg to begin. Arroyo, at this point, had the Yul Brynner babyface look (the announcer goes as far as pointing it out). This one was long and it was perfectly fine. If we had no other matches from 57, it'd probably stand out as a major find. Husberg was a serviceable, workmanlike, passive aggressive sort of heel. Arroyo forearmed the crap out of him. It's just we've seen so much better during the year.

I really like the way Arroyo puts on and wrenches this hammerlock. It's the sort of entry to a hold I'd like to see a guy like Matt Riddle do:

4QnXgn.gif

Really snazzy entry point to a backbreaker:

q7WNJG.gif

Really nice bump to the floor here:

zvgZ2m.gif

And that's about all there is to see for that one, unless you want endless forearms.

EDIT: Thanks to OJ for helping me fix the names.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Matt, the bald wrestler is Jose Arroyo. 

Wait, did I really get Arroyo and Husberg mixed up? Obviously I did. Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it above. 

Edited by Matt D