DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

8 minutes ago, Wee Bey said:

awesome.gif

If this was a buck fifty soak and wet Juvi or Rey, those dudes would have stayed. Near 300 pound, jacked up on God knows what Mike Awesome possibly careening into you? Fuck that noise.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

The craziest thing about that spot is that JT said he was fine after and it didn't hurt that much. Just going off watching it though, I wouldn't have been shocked to hear that he ended up in a wheel chair after it. Some Homer Simpson shit right there.

This is even more painful than it looks... | The simpsons, Homer ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We had a lot and back and forth about the French footage, whether or not to go chronological or just cherry pick all of the best sounding stuff first. Ultimately, I'm glad we're going mostly historical because, at least with this 50s footage, there's something historical or important almost every week. For instance, I may have underplayed Mann but he was a big name and we never had any matches of his before. Never. Same with Eric Taylor last week, or the Fishers before that, or young Al Hayes, of course. And those are just the brits. The JIP match this week had Rafael Blasco who shows up in the list of great Spanish wrestlers of the 50s, and while we only get ten minutes of him here, that's ten minutes more than we had before. We have him here against Jacky Corn. It's a bit of a mauling with spirited comebacks (because that's what Corn does).

YWD6Wp.gif

And no one we've seen yet does this spinout move better than Blasco. Check out that torque:

yoW8oW.gif

Let me find another one:

BNGgNJ.gif

• Like 4

Second match is Liano Pellacani, one of the great villains we've seen vs Black Salem who is billed as large Ethiopian. I don't know a lot about him but I assume my compatriots will do the research. It's pretty much a mauling as Pellacani is a merciless heatseeker.

Just forearms and axehandles. Brutally stiff

XLB64l.gif

6Xp6ZQ.gif

Salem comes at things from sort of odd angles. He has a great headbutt though and has some good comebacks.

p8WgMr.gif

• Like 2

Pellacani was an amazing character. Look at how committed he is to the whole "menace the ref" shtick before turning abruptly and laying it in:

Qnr0XM.gif

So much to see here. Salem's headbutt, Pellacani's sell. And the guy coming out of the crowd with a cheapshot! That's heat, friends:

4QnR2g.gif

And why? Because of expressions like this? "Oops? Did I do that?"

jZWqMY.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1