DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Last of the first Hayes match this week (we have another):

And we finally let Casi (who I think was a former boxer, actually) shine. Look at those punches. Even blurry, they're nasty:

wV6Apr.gif

Second match (in the JIP slot but we get the full match) is another look at King Kong Taverne against a natural partner for Hayes, tall, wry, valiant Ray Hunter:

Again, Taverne's deal was that he was a put upon behemoth who could do a lot of the moves of smaller guys just slower and bulkier:

Jyk26K.gif

Early on Hunter would goad and mock in order to get Taverne to make mistakes, pretty entertainingly:

P7q9NA.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More King Kong Taverne vs Ray Hunter.

Like I said, Taverne would do a lot of the spots that smaller guys did but sometimes to comedic effect. All of this is hugely impressive to me:

BNGmKo.gif

Some more grade A goading from Hunter:

NLoBZ8.gif

Taverne is no small guy but look at how quick he is!

2xlNnA.gif

• Like 3

Two spots in a row. 

First an escape of the sort we've seen a bunch but that is always entertaining:

gZW94G.gif

Taverne immediately follows this by stalking after Hunter and trying for a dropkick:

mOW949.gif

This escape to a top wristlock is amazing:

xnWr43.gif

• Like 4

Not sure if this is the Rick Rude getting Atomic Drops account owner diversifying, or if he's inspired someone else, but:

• Like 1

Man, what's up with that Bagwell video? He's sounding and acting like someone you'd see on Live PD.

"We now go live to Georgia, where authorities are reporting to a disturbance with somebody proclaiming to be 'Buff' and 'The Stuff'..."

Edited by PetrolCB

Do people think this would work in 2020?

vl6M8M.gif

This wouldn't, but it's a great example of the result of Hunter's goading:

ANELMp.gif

We've seen this a few times now, but it remains my favorite of all the French Catch spots. The escape from a body scissors into a cradling forearm. 

P7qwz2.gif

• Like 3

Let's finish Taverne vs Hunter:

Everything's larger with Taverne. I'm not sure about these kicks and sells but I kind of like them. You get his annoyance level at least:

q7WEr2.gif

This is another spot we see in these French matches. It's such a casual "Screw you."

K1lo2R.gif

I don't usually give the finish but the spoiler tags work weird when you have multiple images so I think I will here. Taverne is no small guy so this is a great escape from a top wristlock and a great use of Hunter's height. It's totally believable and very impressive:

ROvy0q.gif

More great Al Hayes stuff later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1