DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

On 5/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, D.Z said:

000.jpg

I just saw this and immediately started to wonder when the hell Minoru Suzuki would have ever had a chance to work the Brooklyn Brawler. Y'all...I'm not sleeping well and this is what it's come to.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think Pete and I (separately ) are the only two board regulars who were at the show. (Not sure if @MushroomJones still frequents here or not) 

We were at the first Kiryoku Pro show, not Chikara.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I just saw this and immediately started to wonder when the hell Minoru Suzuki would have ever had a chance to work the Brooklyn Brawler. Y'all...I'm not sleeping well and this is what it's come to.

The one match that would have been stranger than Tenryu vs Brooklyn Brawler.

• Like 4

From Mad Magazine #271.  I remembered this after seeing that "2020 Presidential Election" Chess Set commercial this morning.  If this had been a real thing in the 80's, I would have thrown a massive temper tantrum until my parents bought it:

(You probably couldn't get away with the Adrian Adonis joke today.  Ugh.)

Spoiler

1506193287845.jpg

1506193351556.jpg

Edited by Southside Jim
Edited to express disdain for homophobic Adrian Adonis joke.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin
12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think Pete and I (separately ) are the only two board regulars who were at the show. (Not sure if @MushroomJones still frequents here or not) 

I remember reading some of you folks had attended this which is nuts as there was about 25 folks in the crowd.

I remember CHIKARA booking La Parka in the same venue.

vlcsnap-2012-05-22-21h12m15s224.png

Speaking of CHIKARA and luchadors, FWA from PA booked Quack vs. Santo Jr. in which Quack took a nasty bump form a botched dive.

11 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

The one match that would have been stranger than Tenryu vs Brooklyn Brawler.

I love how the German commentators praise this of the triumph of technique over brute force and as a fine bout. Fun and obscure match. 

41 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I love how the German commentators praise this of the triumph of technique over brute force and as a fine bout. Fun and obscure match. 

Hearing Tenryu's enzuiguri called a ghetto blaster really makes me want to see a Bad News Brown vs Tenryu feud. 

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Like 2