DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I don't know why I dont remember this, I was watching at the time. I didn't get the PPV. I remember JBL was feuding with Shawn and somehow Shawn was working for him, I dont remember Jericho feuding with JBL.

Because JBL was so overpushed and forgettable, the only feuds and matches that he had that anyone remembers were the Eddie and Cena ones.  And that's only because both men almost bled to death trying to get him over.  The Cena match isn't even talked about all that much.  And that was Cena's Muta scale moment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Because JBL was so overpushed and forgettable, the only feuds and matches that he had that anyone remembers were the Eddie and Cena ones.  And that's only because both men almost bled to death trying to get him over.  The Cena match isn't even talked about all that much.  And that was Cena's Muta scale moment.

I feel like I should go back and check out 2008 PPV on the network I remember enjoying that year, lots of fresh talent like Punk emerging and Umaga, Taker was still a workhorse Finlay still going

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I feel like I should go back and check out 2008 PPV on the network I remember enjoying that year, lots of fresh talent like Punk emerging and Umaga, Taker was still a workhorse Finlay still going

I thought it was a great year. WrestleMania XXIV is a top three WrestleMania of all time, No Mercy is a must see and you had the celebrated Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels feud.

• Like 1

WWE, for seeing themselves as this gigantic multi-national entertainment company, sure like to do storylines where their employees (yes, I know, “independent contractors”) are barely hanging on financially. 

18 minutes ago, Log said:

WWE, for seeing themselves as this gigantic multi-national entertainment company, sure like to do storylines where their employees (yes, I know, “independent contractors”) are barely hanging on financially. 

Lots of gigantic multi-national companies treat their workers like crap, don't they? Look at Walmart.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

I thought it was a great year. WrestleMania XXIV is a top three WrestleMania of all time, No Mercy is a must see and you had the celebrated Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels feud.

Jericho was so good in 2008 that as a dickhead heel he won a kayfabed Slammy for wrestler of the year because he was shoot the wrestler of the year. One of the best runs you’ll see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Jericho was so good in 2008 that as a dickhead heel he won a kayfabed Slammy for wrestler of the year because he was shoot the wrestler of the year. One of the best runs you’ll see.

Well put. Chris Jericho, master of reinvention with one of his best iterations from 2008.

4 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Lots of gigantic multi-national companies treat their workers like crap, don't they? Look at Walmart.

Sure. That’s a long list. But Walmart, etc don’t do commercials about it. WWE has done the Michaels storyline and did a similar one with Big Show. They also had Kevin Owens (as a face) begging for his job to Shane