DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

At least with Jinder he was an unknown quantity really, he'd never had  a sustained push maybe he could have taken off. With Swagger we'd seen his peak was the midcard but they put the belt on him anyway even though he never showed any reason to be pushed up. Jinder's push lasted too long sure but I don't think he's the worst and his reign bored me.

58 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm not even a sneakerhead but man these look pretty cool.

A) They do not

B) Why do you have Natural on ignore?

3 minutes ago, Sublime said:

At least with Jinder he was an unknown quantity really, he'd never had  a sustained push maybe he could have taken off. With Swagger we'd seen his peak was the midcard but they put the belt on him anyway even though he never showed any reason to be pushed up. Jinder's push lasted too long sure but I don't think he's the worst and his reign bored me.

I don't think this is at all accurate. Swagger had a very respectable run as ECW champion. Good matches, was fairly over. Good presence. He was moved over to Raw and used in the mid-card, sure, but I don't think he was particularly damaged by that. The problem is that they didn't book him like they did as ECW champ but instead played up his weaknesses and made him a comedy act. Frankly, they should have booked him like Doc or Vader. 

Mahal on the other hand just had a body and the India connection.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I don't know why I dont remember this, I was watching at the time. I didn't get the PPV. I remember JBL was feuding with Shawn and somehow Shawn was working for him, I dont remember Jericho feuding with JBL.

Wasn't the storyline that Shawn made some bad investments, was broke and had to become JBL's butler?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I don't think this is at all accurate. Swagger had a very respectable run as ECW champion. Good matches, was fairly over. Good presence. He was moved over to Raw and used in the mid-card, sure, but I don't think he was particularly damaged by that. The problem is that they didn't book him like they did as ECW champ but instead played up his weaknesses and made him a comedy act. Frankly, they should have booked him like Doc or Vader. 

Mahal on the other hand just had a body and the India connection.

I loved Swagger's ECW run but outside of it I never thought he showed the same upside. But then again working title matches against guys like these makes most people look good.

Christian with ECW Championship belt'

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Wasn't the storyline that Shawn made some bad investments, was broke and had to become JBL's butler?

Shawn and JBL got into a car accident. The judge sentenced Shawn to become JBL's butler since Shawn had no insurance to pay for fixing JBL's car.

C'mon @PetrolCB, you knew it was coming.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, the storyline was done during the Great Recession of 2008-2009, with the idea that Michaels "lost all his savings" and agreed to be JBL's employee for a year. Michaels then beat JBL to get out of the contract at No Way Out in February 2009.

AFAIK, the storyline didn't make much sense, fans didn't really buy into it and, in the middle of the storyline, Joey Styles gave JBL a black eye in the Middle East, pretty much deflating JBL as a heel and onscreen bully.

3 minutes ago, colonial said:

Yeah, the storyline was done during the Great Recession of 2008-2009, with the idea that Michaels "lost all his savings" and agreed to be JBL's employee for a year. Michaels then beat JBL to get out of the contract at No Way Out in February 2009.

It was believable if you believed Shawn's investments went up his nose in the 80s and 90s.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A) They do not

B) Why do you have Natural on ignore?

Well I sure don't have Natural on ignore but was just adding to what he posted above.  As for them not looking cool considering I mainly wear black shoes and have no real sense of style then my interpretation of them might not be up to par.  Oh, well.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Shawn and JBL got into a car accident. The judge sentenced Shawn to become JBL's butler since Shawn had no insurance to pay for fixing JBL's car.

C'mon @PetrolCB, you knew it was coming.

Whisper--I want to take him on a date. Why do I need your permission?

JBL--Because he's MYYYYY butler!

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin
4 hours ago, D.Z said:

fe67f6e13d30d0dafd4dda07150af5b5.jpg1244822818.jpg

Someone should tell Nishimura he's in a Sasuke rear naked choke and not in a Randy Orton chinlock.