DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

5 minutes ago, Log said:

It’s funny looking back to the late-90’s when being Canadian was a heel trait. That’s it. Canadian =heel. 

And then they had those heels be announced as being from the US to get in Canada (Jericho, Christian, etc). 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, D.Z said:

cc79a37ea3cfce299d82577edeb90fa8.jpg

It didn't hit me till years later that Team Canada was supposed to be Russo's WCW version of the Hart Foundation with Storm as Bret. I understand the criticisms now that Storm gets but when I was younger I thought Lance was a wrestlers wrestler in the circus of WCW and I enjoyed watching Skipper too. I wonder now if Russo would've had Bret in Lance's role if the was still active or had him in the group at all. They were probably my favorite thing about  WCW when I did check them out. I liked Major Gunns too because ever other women in WCW was either a blatant ripoff of someone in WWF or wasting TV time by dancing like the Nitro girls or Stacy Keibler 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Log said:

It’s funny looking back to the late-90’s when being Canadian was a heel trait. That’s it. Canadian =heel. 

In fairness, it wasn't like someone said "I'm from Canada" and everybody started throwing batteries at them.  It was more of a "The USA is a terrible place, you people are horrible.  Thankfully I'm from Canada, where good people live."  It's the CM Punk "I'm Straight Edge, so I'm better than you."

Never even realized until now that Bret's heel turn speech "I love my fans all around the world...but the US can kiss my ass" was the catalyst for all of that.

That or Frenchy Martin's "USA is NOT OK"  sign...  One of those...

20 hours ago, AxB said:

His thigh is rippling like when WALTER chops the fuck out of someone. When did a dropkick become a strike that needed to make noise? Isn't it enough to just be real pretty and land right on the button?

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Infinit said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bret at no point turned heel in 1997. He was a babyface of the highest magnitude. 

And an underrated promo. Don’t think he’s ever got respect on the mic for that run 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hi

Reveal hidden contents

5cbfa8901e5d11488521712a2f080919.jpg

Hi

Reveal hidden contents

khalisingh.jpg

Hi

Reveal hidden contents

Chris-Benoit-5-1.jpg

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

C'mon, I did say "Worst WWE Champion ever". Vince McMahon winning the WWE Championship sucked but Vince isn't a regular wrestler and vacated shortly after winning it. Jinder's a full timer and his six month reign stunk making his worse. The Great Khali and Chris Benoit never held the WWE Championship. I didn't like clicking and finding Chris Benoit either. I've tried to avoid Benoit ever since the June 2007 double murder-suicide and rather not see him. I rarely talk about him either.

Edited by The Natural

36 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

And an underrated promo. Don’t think he’s ever got respect on the mic for that run 

I don't think so either. I think to the sweary promo when losing to Sycho Sid in the steel cage match on RAW before WrestleMania 13, the one bringing him, Owen and Davey Boy back together with the New Hart Foundation and Canada vs. USA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Royal Rumble 2008, post-match.

I don't know why I dont remember this, I was watching at the time. I didn't get the PPV. I remember JBL was feuding with Shawn and somehow Shawn was working for him, I dont remember Jericho feuding with JBL.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

Reveal hidden contents

C'mon, I did say "Worst WWE Champion ever". Vince McMahon winning the WWE Championship sucked but Vince isn't a regular wrestler and vacated shortly after winning it. Jinder's a full timer and his six month reign stunk making his worse. The Great Khali and Chris Benoit never held the WWE Championship. I didn't like clicking and finding Chris Benoit either. I've tried to avoid Benoit ever since the June 2007 double murder-suicide and rather not see him. I rarely talk about him either.

That's semantics of the nitpickiest kind and severe Goalpost moving.  The World Title and WWE title were essentially the same belt, splinters of one continuous title.  Both titles were presented as the top titles of their "brands', both belts Main Evented Mania, World Championships are counted BY WWE as World Champions just as WWE Champions are.  The split in belts only reflects the split in brands during that period of time.   The only time people want to act like they're separate is so they can dunk on Mahal and forget that Khali, Ziggler and Swagger's cold as ice reigns or that REDACTED even exists or to make a statement about Kofi's Gold Watch reign last year.  That's also ripping away a ton of titles from Trips, Orton, Batista, Edge, Punk, Christian, Henry, etc. 

EDIT: And I'd rather have Jinder's 6 months of bleh matches over Brock's 8 months of THREE matches.

Also:

the-miz--wwe-champion-wrestling-photos.j

Edited by Raziel