DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

It's the bi-weekly "Lamp asks for help building a compilation y'all won't actually get to see" post!

This time I'm building a bump freaks compilation and I'm coming up short on obvious names.

Here's who I have:

• Sabu
  • Great Sasuke
  • Hayabusa
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Aero Star
  • Rey Cometa
  • Curt Hennig
  • Shawn Michaels

Who am I missing?

RVD and Sasha Banks were the names that came straight to me.

9 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

It's the bi-weekly "Lamp asks for help building a compilation y'all won't actually get to see" post!

This time I'm building a bump freaks compilation and I'm coming up short on obvious names.

Who am I missing?

Pat Tanaka and Ubas/El Puerto Ricano were the first two names not already mentioned that popped onto my head.

Man...Tanaka would throw himself into the most routine looking back bump, just to make every move look that much more devastating.

Edited by Shane

There's that one Ibushi match where he gave Kenny Omega a top rope to concrete floor Huracanrana as well.

Or the fireworks deal. Which wasn't a bump, but was an example of crazy dangerous thing a wrestler did for no apparent reason.

You want death match bump freaks too? Masashi Takeda has landed on some pretty horrifying things over the years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

There's that one Ibushi match where he gave Kenny Omega a top rope to concrete floor Huracanrana as well.

Or the fireworks deal. Which wasn't a bump, but was an example of crazy dangerous thing a wrestler did for no apparent reason.

You want death match bump freaks too? Masashi Takeda has landed on some pretty horrifying things over the years.

You've reminded of Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi from NJPW Dominion 2019 which went too far for me:

ColossalPeacefulGuineafowl-size_restrict

Ibushi/Naito matches push the limits.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

One thing I was thinking of is that the 90s All Japan guys took some fairly horrific drops on a regular basis, but I don't really think of them as bump freaks in the same way I do others and I'm not entirely sure why.

16 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Nexus were scheduled to reunite for this year's WrestleMania weekend

https://www.thesportster.com/news/nexus-scheduled-reunite-wrestlemania/

On the one hand, it seems a bit far-fetched that such idea(s) would be real, but it would have been a hell of a thing if true. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me somewhat sad, being something I've hoped and dreamed would happen for years.

They'd have all been fed to Lesnar to make him look strong

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Another NXT is getting called up

Hide contents

Dominic Dijakovic is going to Raw

I'm fine with this. I think being on the main roster might actually help him in terms of finding an actual character to work with. NXT did him no favors in that respect. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shane said:

Pat Tanaka and Ubas/El Puerto Ricano were the first two names not already mentioned that popped onto my head.

Man...Tanaka would throw himself into the most routine looking back bump, just to make every move look that much more devastating.

Ah, my excuse to post my favorite random Superstars match from the 90s...1-2-3 Kid vs. Pat Tanaka.  I'm almost positive this is the first time in WWF that someone took a sunset-flip-powerbomb to the floor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Missy is great.

She blocked me on Twitter a while back because I pointed out that her views about how NFL players shouldn't kneel during the national anthem were borderline authoritarian. 

Or it might have been because I told the guy who was white-knighting for her that she wasn't going to fuck him. It's hard to say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:
  Hide contents

Lesnar's return match?

Only if they’re determined to kill the call up dead. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of his, but I can’t see Brock giving him any offense at all. Now if it had been Keith Lee I would’ve felt more confident in that prediction you made.

• Like 1