DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Ask kick? 

Yeah but instead of hitting a bent over guy Booker's leg would go over Stevie's head and catch the guy in the chest. Harlem Heat had some pretty dope moves. Watching old WCW stuff now, I don't know how I didn't pick up on their very Southern accents even though they were claiming to be from Harlem. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fuck it, I'll post it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/randyorton/status/1266498139105529856?s=21

It's not embedding, but rarely have I been more surprised. Who knew Randy Orton would have one of the most profound takes on what black lives matter means, not to mention the easiest way to explain why black lives matter is important to begin with.

Randy Orton... Man, 2020 is the weirdest timeline.

Shit, man. I have had my issues with Randy Orton the person and maybe down the line I still will. But this has made me rethink that to a degree. Good job, Randall. 

I will also say please, please watch the NWA Girl Powerr video that Odessa posted earlier. I made it 25 minutes before I had to pause (heavy stuff) but it's something that really needs to be heard. 

EDIT: Also, it's for once worth checking the comments. Most of them are either sending love and/or sharing their own personal stories which make for some really powerful stuff. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

49 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

so it's my best friend's birthday tomorrow. He just found out he is going to be a dad as well. I wanted to get him something unique.. For his bday I am looking to have Joel Gertner call him up and do one of his famous intro's.  My buddy is a huge ECW mark.  Good idea?

I don't know how Joel is these days. But all goes well you can't go wrong with that. 

Random sidestep but it does make me wonder if RVD has a Cameo account. Now that would be cool. 

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't know how Joel is these days. But all goes well you can't go wrong with that. 

Random sidestep but it does make me wonder if RVD has a Cameo account. Now that would be cool. 

He's going to do it!!! Joel is awesome. He worked on the Lucha Fest show I helped Sam Adonis out on. Spoke with Joel for about 45 mins after the show. Couldn't have been nicer. We keep in touch on twitter somewhat.  He loved the idea.    

Not sure if RVD has a cameo. I know Graves does and a few others. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He's going to do it!!! Joel is awesome. He worked on the Lucha Fest show I helped Sam Adonis out on. Spoke with Joel for about 45 mins after the show. Couldn't have been nicer. We keep in touch on twitter somewhat.  He loved the idea.    

Nice. I'm sure since you know him to a degree he'll do a good one. 

I'm half tempted to get Big E to do one for a friend of mine. I think she'll love it. 

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

7 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He does. It's $100.

• Like 1

Powerbombs into the turnbuckles are now banned in WWE. Not sure if other moves like german suplex or else to turnbuckles will be banned, but they could eventually ban them too.

28 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I still can't believe moves on the apron haven't been banned yet.

I was thinking that too and was going to post the same thing, but then I also thought that I seem to remember WWE usually gimmicking the LCD side of the ring apron for those with some kind of padding? I feel like I saw that a couple times but I could be wrong

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was thinking that too and was going to post the same thing, but then I also thought that I seem to remember WWE usually gimmicking the LCD side of the ring apron for those with some kind of padding? I feel like I saw that a couple times but I could be wrong

I've heard a theory that it might be the hardest part of the ring.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Whenever someone gets slammed on the centre of the mat, it's never pointed out that that's the softest part of the ring, is it?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AxB said:

Whenever someone gets slammed on the centre of the mat, it's never pointed out that that's the softest part of the ring, is it?

That's because it's not. The softest part of the ring is where the secret passage The Undertaker crawls out of is.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

Tell Davey Boy Smith that.

To be fair, WCW went with a trap door which was dumb as fuck. WWF went with gimmicking the ring so you can cut the canvas open with a box cutter. 

• Like 1

I wonder how they gimmicked the ring so you could cut your way through. Cut planks maybe, that can be slid out from underneath when it's time? Or do you have basically a hole in the ring all night, and tell people to work around it?