DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So if history shows us anything, it's either Riddle will do very well as long as Vince likes him or Bruce will wind up being on the outs or gone because he's Riddle's biggest cheerleader.

Hey now, he could always end up like Roman where Vince likes him and he still does terrible because they have no idea how to book him properly despite it being so damn simple.

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I know that, but he's also been to multiple AEW parties to be with Britt. There's also no indication he's going to leave. He's still the reigning NXT champion, he's HHH's boy, and he's part of the most dominant and longest running group in NXT's history. 

So many people forget these people are friends or more and hang out together when they can.

Edited by Eivion

Britt said on the Unrestricted podcast that WWE didn't allow Cole to attend All In (had to watch her match on his cellphone at the hotel), and only recently allowed him to attend AEW parties/events. And then she said she hope's there is a time in the near future when Adam Cole can come back and work with his "family" IE the Young Bucks.

That last bit is probably why people are running wild with the speculation right now, since that podcast was just released last week.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I just figured out which one is Adam Cole, Adam Page, and Adam Pearce so you none of them are allowed to move or I'll get confused again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Regarding Riddle to Smackdown, Alvarez and Meltzer were somewhat surprised Riddle didn't go to Raw because that's where Heyman is. I think Meltzer then mentioned that Bruce runs Smackdown though and I think that's exactly what's going on here. If you listen to any interview or podcast with Bruce where he talks about who he thinks the next big thing is, Matt Riddle is always the first name out of his mouth.

I mean, I'd watch Riddle casually kicking Braun's head until it flew off.  But I don't know how many people want to follow me on that path. 

• Like 9

Guest Edwin
10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I'm sorry but I just figured out which one is Adam Cole, Adam Page, and Adam Pearce so you none of them are allowed to move or I'll get confused again.

What sucks is the best one one of the three retired and is an agent for WWE.

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean, I'd watch Riddle casually kicking Braun's head until it flew off.  But I don't know how many people want to follow me on that path. 

I'm actually not super fond of Riddle, but Riddle vs. Braun, Bryan, Nakamura, Roman, Cesaro, & Gulak again are all things I really want to see.

I was scrolling through my IG today and was floored by just how MANY IG accounts that are "WHO is going to debut for AEW this week? Check my Story for details!", "Find OUT what WWE Superstar might be returning! Check out my story!" etc. etc. and I thought how crazy the whole wrestling industry is in that the biggest company buries so many of its own stories, under-reports its own news, and leaves so much under-discussed that it gives rise to thousands of news accounts on IG, Twitter and Youtube by guys who have absolutely no connections, but re-report stuff from other sites, do their own half-assed commentary on it and are able to thrive doing so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, caley said:

I was scrolling through my IG today and was floored by just how MANY IG accounts that are "WHO is going to debut for AEW this week? Check my Story for details!", "Find OUT what WWE Superstar might be returning! Check out my story!" etc. etc. and I thought how crazy the whole wrestling industry is in that the biggest company buries so many of its own stories, under-reports its own news, and leaves so much under-discussed that it gives rise to thousands of news accounts on IG, Twitter and Youtube by guys who have absolutely no connections, but re-report stuff from other sites, do their own half-assed commentary on it and are able to thrive doing so.

I mean, yes and no. The platforms are new, but the NEWZ~! is not. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I mean, yes and no. The platforms are new, but the NEWZ~! is not. 

"You'll never believe WHO is joining the Hart Foundation on Raw tonight! Click to find out!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, caley said:

Everyone on Twitter has to be a wrestling podcaster or journalist just so they can add those tags to their Twitter bio as if it meant anything.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

"You'll never believe WHO is joining the Hart Foundation on Raw tonight! Click to find out!"

Yokozuna finally dropped enough weight and will be joining the Hart Foundation next Monday.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Pearce is the bald Adam; Page is the drunk Adam; and Cole is the fat Adam.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That wacky Nia is at it again. (Spoiler for next weeks' Raw)

Spoiler

Kairi Sane suffered what is being described as a significant head cut during today’s Raw taping.

It happened during a match against Nia Jax that was taped for next week’s episode of Raw. According to Fightful Select, which first reported the story, the cut happened when Jax threw Sane into the stairs, with Sane's head connecting with the corner of the stairs.

At that point, the match was stopped as WWE medical tended to Kairi Sane, bandaging her up. According to Dave Meltzer,  Sane suffered a “significant” head cut.

Fightful further reported that Sane indicated that she was fine and insisted on finishing the match. Jax and Sane immediately went to the finish once the match resumed.

• Sad 3

Losing Matt Riddle is a blow for NXT. I expected Matt Riddle to go on and become NXT Champion. Adam Cole's long reign needs to end ASAP. The prospect of Matt Riddle vs. DANIEL BRYAN, Cesaro and AJ Styles? Yes, please.

Guest Edwin
3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Losing Matt Riddle is a blow for NXT. I expected Matt Riddle to go on and become NXT Champion. Adam Cole's long reign needs to end ASAP. The prospect of Matt Riddle vs. DANIEL BRYAN, Cesaro and AJ Styles? Yes, please.

And Nakamura and Sami Zayn.