DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, that JDfromNY guy has made a living off of saying horrifying things about Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax, amongst others. At the risk of sounding like a dick, my theory is that these empowered women remind him of all the girls who have told him "no" over the years. Dude is pushing 40 and has nothing but an angry podcast emanating from a closet. Fuck that dude.

This is all true but the sad part is he won't just go away because he has 100K YouTube followers. Hopefully this is the nail in his platform. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

16? Might as well go down to 9 for Riho. ? 

I'll give her 9 through 12. Some other notable youngsters were Tsukushi at 12, Rey Mysterio Jr. at 14, Bull Nakano and Katsuhiko Nakajima both at 15. Probably a bunch of young Mexicans.

Great Kojika probably takes 73 through 76. The future will tell if Fujiwara or Fujinami can be better.

• Like 1

I never heard of this JD guy, and this has to be the most people that have heard of him too. Also Road Dogg is defending him on Twitter somehow. This feels oddly weird, if this is how they’ll “Take him down”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I never heard of this JD guy, and this has to be the most people that have heard of him too. Also Road Dogg is defending him on Twitter somehow. This feels oddly weird, if this is how they’ll “Take him down”.

In fairness, I think Roaddogg misunderstood what was happening.

Not surprisingly, there are people saying the Bliss thing is a work. 

Terry Gordy started at 15. Eaton was 15 or 16. 

thesz had a match at 71, I think. And Bullet Bob had a match last year at 79. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think if we replaced "NXT" with "WWE Performance Centre" the conversation would be a little clearer.

Let's do that. It opened in 2013, so effectively most of the list that @MavsFan77 posted is out the window now.

Davey Boy (Sr and Jr) and Dynamite both started at around 15 years old. So did Kid Lykos, who then retired at 22. Joe Nelson (aka Kid Lykos 2) debuted at 14, and is now a three year veteran at 17.

Another thing ya'll are missing is not defining financially successful versus creatively successful. WWE is very financially successful, and you may or may not think they are creatively successful and if you're of the thought that nothing WWE does is creatively successful, then what's the point of arguing that at all?

PC in theory produces people to fill out the whole roster up and down the card, across a variety to backgrounds to cover all bases. If a different company took over WWE, then they'd probably cut some folks from the roster just because it's really bloated and they'd probably look at the live event revenue structure to see if they can rejuvenate it since they'd probably want more revenue coming in. But you'd still want some feeder system and you'd want more control over it compared to being affiliated with a regional indy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AxB said:

Davey Boy (Sr and Jr) and Dynamite both started at around 15 years old. So did Kid Lykos, who then retired at 22. Joe Nelson (aka Kid Lykos 2) debuted at 14, and is now a three year veteran at 17.

Chris Candido started at 14 too I think.

22 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I think there was a similar (lack of) care when one of the Villanos suffered a neck injury in a tag match with Raven and Kanyon. Raven was pretty much the only one caring for the guy IIRC.

They actually stopped the match immediately. Raven knew the Villano was hurt, and Randy Anderson called for the bell within seconds.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Not surprisingly, there are people saying the Bliss thing is a work. 

Why the hell would Bliss be involved in a work with some random chode on Youtube? 

4 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Why the hell would Bliss be involved in a work with some random chode on Youtube? 

Jumping through what's been going on in that dude's Twitter world today, some people seem to think there's a coordinated effort by people within WWE to take him down because his voice has gotten too loud. 

Shit's dumb and sad. Delusions of grandeur abound. This guy suuuuuuuucks.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Why would Foley’s daughter be in a relationship with a literal clown? Weird shit happens.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Jumping through what's been going on in that dude's Twitter world today, some people seem to think there's a coordinated effort by people within WWE to take him down because his voice has gotten too loud. 

Shit's dumb and sad. Delusions of grandeur abound. This guy suuuuuuuucks.

As I said earlier, I don't think it's a work but Bliss' tweet doesn't sound like it was written by a twenty-something in 2020.  that way anymore.  "How dare you, sir" sounds like she's either tweeting in character or HG Wells is ghost-writing her tweets.  Real people don't use that phrase anymore.

So, yeah, I can believe a WWE writer wrote that tweet for her (to take the Youtuber dude down).  Writing dialogue that would never be spoken by a real person is a WWE staple.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

That clown guy is such a dipshit. The only fans that matter are Vlad, 90s bowl cut kid, and the woman crying posted a few pages back. And the really tall person in the front row of WWE PPVs who wears like, Dio wizard shirts? They kept to themselves and did it the right way!! Everyone else immediately delete Twitter. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hopefully this spells the end for JD From NY.  That mark has a huge following..  disgraceful that any fan would want to be aligned with him and his channels. There are way too many "JD's" in the wrestling community. 

Honestly I don't know why Alexa bothered to give this incel freak any attention. I listened to 10 seconds of this guy and that was all I needed to know that I would rather stick a fork into an electrical outlet than listen to to even a second of this subhuman.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

As I said earlier, I don't think it's a work but Bliss' tweet doesn't sound like it was written by a twenty-something in 2020.  that way anymore.  "How dare you, sir" sounds like she's either tweeting in character or HG Wells is ghost-writing her tweets.  Real people don't use that phrase anymore.

So, yeah, I can believe a WWE writer wrote that tweet for her (to take the Youtuber dude down).  Writing dialogue that would never be spoken by a real person is a WWE staple.

Well the "sir" didn't follow the "how dare you," so we don't need to worry about your hang ups with that exact phrasing. Anyway, I just searched Twitter to make sure I'm not crazy. I promise you that addressing someone as "sir" and using the occasional earnest "how dare you" are still in fashion with some people. 

I know WWE's writing is blah, but this one ain't on them.

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

"How dare you, sir" sounds like she's either tweeting in character or HG Wells is ghost-writing her tweets.  Real people don't use that phrase anymore.

... uh, yes.  I have no idea of any 45 year old grown ass men who would have used that phrase unironically in an argument at work two weeks ago. ?