DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

Guest Edwin
9 hours ago, sabremike said:

I just came up with the greatest idea for a fuck finish ever: a mask vs mask match where the face wins and when the heel goes to unmask he stops, cites the laws about having to wear a mask at all times and that by law he cannot unmask and then walks to the back without unmasking.

Not as good, but...

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ric Flair wrestled in a TLC match at the start of the year

Unexpected, but to this day may remain as one of my favorite examples of storytelling in professional wrestling. I go back and watch this every few years. 

It's the "old school crafty guy who happens to be legendary with no true experience in this match type" vs. "guy who helped define the ladder match and is more at home in this environment than the legend could ever be" thing that does it for me.

Also a match that features a cameo from young Charlotte Flair in the crowd, no?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Didn't Shawn confirm it in his book? I think Prichard even said something about it once too.

Really? Was that Shawn's WWE book? I think I may have only read the other, later one where it's more about religion and things. I stand corrected then!

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Are we talking about different versions guys? I just listened to it quick and there's a zero percent chance that's Vince on WWF The Music Vol 2

Twitter is worried about Hana Kimura. Apparently (her account may have been hacked) she spent the day liking hateposts people were sending to her, then posted some slasher photos, then deleted them.

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Twitter is worried about Hana Kimura. Apparently (her account may have been hacked) she spent the day liking hateposts people were sending to her, then posted some slasher photos, then deleted them.

She is supposedly fine for now after being checked on by friends. She seemingly had a bout of depression from hate and death wishes coming to her from crazed Terrace House fans.

Edited by Eivion

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

So who was he traded for? I'm actually ok with this. With the Good Brothers gone and Seth as the top heel it doesn't really feel like there is much for AJ to do on Raw.

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So who was he traded for? I'm actually ok with this. With the Good Brothers gone and Seth as the top heel it doesn't really feel like there is much for AJ to do on Raw.

Future pick for Raw. So unknown for now.

4 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Yeah, I remember that (and I thought that he was still doing that when he was in WWE), but I thought there was also a story about WWE choosing the wrong one...but again, I might be confusing that with the Gowen story.

Yeah, Prichard admitted they signed the wrong one-legged guy. Idk about Striker.

5 hours ago, D.Z said:

The guy literally came back from the dead and gets traded? Seriously, who the fuck is in charge of Raw: Mike Milbury?????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Edwin said:

If we name Mexican luchadors who've lost their mask, then the list would be endless, so that wouldn't really apply.

Rey Misterio Jr lost his mask in WCW and then came back as Rey Mysterio in WWE with a mask on.

Was the joke.

4 hours ago, Linus said:

Rey Misterio Jr lost his mask in WCW and then came back as Rey Mysterio in WWE with a mask on.

Was the joke.

So who was the Ron Mysterio that Jericho kept talking about?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

Is anyone else surprised that we haven't seen a wrestler pop up in Mexico with a Joe Exotico gimmick?

Id presume its because there has been almost no lucha put since that show became a hit. 

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Sounds like the guy who did the vocals for the Rockabilly theme.

Sounds like Michael Hayes on both counts.

I'm not getting Hayes vibes either. Found an old reddit thread that says it's a session guy, so who knows. 

I DO think it's Hayes singing on Big Show's first theme though

Guest Edwin

Why do folks hate watch WWE? Serious question. There's a lot of folks on here who do that or give the impression they do that and I find it kind of hard to believe you can't find a better thing to do on a late Monday night or a Friday night than to hate watch something.

I only watch the PPVS and rarely watch the TV shows. The PPVs generally have a good match or two worth catching.  an I generally watch on my second monitor while playing video games or doing RPG work or generally having it on as background noise.

I also still think that a lot of there on paper stories are great, how they get executed on TV tends to be hit and miss.