DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

47 minutes ago, Southside Jim said:

Assuming this isn't part of an angle, than Zayn's done.  He'll be buried once he comes back, assuming he wasn't already scheduled to be humiliated.

Why would you assume it isn't an angle?

Guest Edwin
8 hours ago, Southside Jim said:

Assuming this isn't part of an angle, than Zayn's done.  He'll be buried once he comes back, assuming he wasn't already scheduled to be humiliated.

Yeah, he sounds pretty irate and this all sounds like a total shoot!

re Summerslam

Date MAY be pushed into September

I hope they do it before the 23rd.  I'm really literal and pedantic, and "seasonal" events held in technically the wrong season bug the fuck out of me, like when "Fall Brawl" would always take place in early/mid September. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Casey said:

oh man I hope this is the right thread to post this, I wouldn't want a normal user to try and be a mod and tell me where to post it.

but anyway, apparently Rachael Ellering might have been released or asked for her release. She posted a video on Twitter that's extremely similar to the one Chris Hero posted after he was let go. I desperately want to see her and Purrazzo in AEW.

Well for one you're right in that it's not our call to say where a post should go.  But since the thread this would have gone in anyway was closed some time ago then it's all good.

But I didn't know that Rachael was gone from WWE.  I don't remember reading her name in the list of those released.  Assuming she's still with Hero then I can see why she'd want to go with him.  As for AEW I think that'd be a perfect fit.  She's gotten pretty good, has an instantly recognizable name and just seems like a really great person.  So hell yeah I'd like to see her there.  As for Deonna I would like her there but do feel her going around the indies for awhile might be good before eventually heading there.

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"I'm just staying off here," says man who proceeds to spend every waking moment Twittering. 

Yep. If Michael Elgin stopped wrestling, I doubt he'd be missed on the wrestling scene.

I can't believe I read that whole stupid thread.  The grammar and spelling issues were so bad I wouldn't be surprised if he was drunk posting all this.  It also doesn't help that I stopped taking seriously anything he says a long time ago and that was before the allegations started up.  I do think if somebody could pare it down to a concise tweet or two that there might be something half decent in all that he said.

But where Twitter goes bad (see above) it can also lead to something amusing.  Case in point is Chilis's responding to Janela's tweet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"I'm just staying off here," says man who proceeds to spend every waking moment Twittering. 

Is this the byproduct of everyone in wrestling having contracts now? Like who gives a shit what the fans want because we’re getting paid either way?! 

Fucking Elgin, man.  Dude was gaining some steam in the early/mid 20teens, felt like he was going to be one of the top guys on the indies (booked in the BOLA finals twice, could have sworn he was going to get the title sometime)  and then just flamed the fuck out.  Career highlights: meh run in NJPW and 2.5 months as ROH champion.  Wasn't he going the quit and play baseball after some kind of visa shit?  And then this harassment stuff and talking shit on Jeff Cobb's personal hygiene?  Dude's a headcase.  Impact will sign anybody, I guess. 

Edited by Technico Support

12 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Fucking Elgin, man.  Dude was gaining some steam in the early/mid 20teens, felt like he was going to be one of the top guys on the indies (booked in the BOLA finals twice, could have sworn he was going to get the title sometime)  and then just flamed the fuck out.  Career highlights: meh run in NJPW and 2.5 months as ROH champion.  Wasn't he going the quit and play baseball after some kind of visa shit?  And then this harassment stuff and talking shit on Jeff Cobb's personal hygiene?  Dude's a headcase.  Impact will sign anybody, I guess. 

I liked him in ROH when he was with Truth Martini and even for a month or so after he broke away.  But while I can't pinpoint why something seemed off after that and I just couldn't get into him.  Him as ROH champ made sense but didn't like his reign at all.  Since then he's gone on a downward spiral and while I don't wish anything bad to him I do choose not to follow stuff that he's a part of.

Which kind of leads into why I don't watch Impact anymore.  I think they put on a good show and it seems like they still do.  But they built up a weird reputation in my eyes for hiring people that have had various issues.  Whether it's Sami, Swann, Moose or whoever it was hiring decisions I didn't agree with but the show was good so I kept watching.  Then they hired Elgin and after trying for a month I just gave up on it all.  That and with there being so much wrestling I just didn't have the time to keep up.  I read what happens on the shows but as long as people like Elgin are employed I'm okay with not watching them.

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I liked him in ROH when he was with Truth Martini and even for a month or so after he broke away.  But while I can't pinpoint why something seemed off after that and I just couldn't get into him.  Him as ROH champ made sense but didn't like his reign at all.

I had to do about 5 minutes of Wiki searching on Elgin to remember how long his reign was and how many BOLAs he was booked in the finals of for my first post.  A few minutes later it hit me that he was the guy who fucked up ROH's who relationship with indies by jobbing to Trevor Lee (who was getting pushed but wasn't anyone special yet, like a lower midcarder) in the early rounds of the 2014 BOLA while he was ROH champion.  ROH took the belt off him a week later and pulled thier guys from outside bookings.  I blame both ROH (for taking themselves maybe a little too seriously) and Elgin (for maybe not taking the title seriously enough) in that situation, but it's another log on the "Elgin is kind of a fuckup" pile.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Has AEW? Honestly I didn't think either group had as I doubt they have strong access to tests. 

AEW very publicly announced that they tested EVERYONE at the last round of tapings.  Not a temperature check.  A full test.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Has AEW? Honestly I didn't think either group had as I doubt they have strong access to tests. 

Yes. Everyone working the tapings last week was tested and had to wear yellow wristbands to indicate they were tested. No one tested positive.

And before anyone gets into all of the stuff about how other people need tests or there's a shortage of tests, these were paid for by Tony through a private testing facility similar to ones that other wealthy folks or people with a couple hundred bucks to spare could go through.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Wasn't WWE sending folks home a couple of weeks for sniffling? I highly doubt they haven't done any testing and someone quoted Meltzer saying "...as far as I know..." so yeah, not sure I buy that.