DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

So Brock can go months without appearing, and Sami with a bad wisdom tooth can’t just stay as champ? It’s not like he’s got a House Show schedule. Is there something more to this that we don’t know about yet?

The wild card thing might help, but it’s not like each show has a different audience. If fans don’t want to watch, they won’t watch.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

IIRC, the last time they made the wildcard rule, it was on the fly with little to no explanation, and the rules that were explained were quickly broken. It could work if they actually put some effort into writing stories around it. 

Spoiler: They won't. 

• Like 1

An interesting review of Samoa Joe vs Necro Butcher:

(L-R) DJ Accident Report, Casanova Valentine, Ariel Italic. (Casanova is a guest., He's not usually on the show).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

(L-R) DJ Accident Report, Casanova Valentine, Ariel Italic. (Casanova is a guest., He's not usually on the show).

EXwGSkyWkAQssCf?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Supposedly the networks requested it since RAW and Smackdown's numbers are very, very low.

Man, if only WWE hadn't spent the last 5+ years telling their audience that no one on the roster mattered and only the brand was the draw...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AxB said:

I thought "Lady Bearica has gone to shit" before reading the caption.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.sorrystaterecords.com/collections/all/products/190520902

Anyone interested in buying a Terry Funk spoken word album? 

Also I would recommend buying anything else from Sorry State. They're trying hard to stay afloat due to their brick-and-mortar being closed, so have started mail order on all their used records and have been dropping new stuff on the website daily. They're primarily a punk/metal store but they have everything under the sun on there right now, tons of funk, jazz, re-releases, you name it. Fast shipping and fair prices, hook 'em up! 

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, that's what Urban Dictionary said. Some kinda incel/right-wing Matrix horseshit.

The best thing about that... "movement" co-opting the red pills from the Matrix is the hidden layer underneath it all. The Matrix was written by two (at the time closeted) trans women and the most common form of estrogen for hormone replacement therapy in the late-1990s was premarin, and the most common dosage for premarin came in red pills.

I'm sure you can connect the dots about what the Wachowskis meant and why I find how it got co-opted to be hilarious.

5 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

The best thing about that... "movement" co-opting the red pills from the Matrix is the hidden layer underneath it all. The Matrix was written by two (at the time closeted) trans women and the most common form of estrogen for hormone replacement therapy in the late-1990s was premarin, and the most common dosage for premarin came in red pills.

I'm sure you can connect the dots about what the Wachowskis meant and why I find how it got co-opted to be hilarious.

Seriously, that not only made my day, but I am now armed with info that is going to up my Facebook troll game 1000fold.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

So Alberto Dumpster Fire thread?

(Surely we must have an old one we can reopen?)

I think the previous one had a lot to do with Paige as well who's doing much better for herself.  So not sure I'd be up for re-opening that one.

Oh, for those wondering yes I added him to Fire Pro.  And yes the beatings were quite wonderful.  Man, I love that game.

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I think the previous one had a lot to do with Paige as well who's doing much better for herself.  So not sure I'd be up for re-opening that one.

Well she actually brought him up recently, and sort of brushed it off but in a “Fuck him” kinda of way.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1