DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

So I was watching last week's Smackdown, where they had the Triple H 25th WWE Anniversary Celebration ceremony. I though it was perfect. What better way to sum up Triple H's WWE career than with an overlong self-indulgent in-ring comedy segment that isn't funny?

The segment where Vince came out to bury his own product or did they do something equally horrid  on the 5/1 show?

Caught part of the Vince segment on Youtube.  I feel like Vince standing in a darkened, empty arena mocking his own show during a time when virtually every other form of live entertainment has been forced to shut down is one of those images that is going to live on for a long time.  When the eventual Rise and Fall of WWE documentary hits ESPN from years from now, that clip is going to be up there with the XFL clip of Vince wishing Bob Costas wasn't a little guy so he (Vince) could beat him up.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
fixed a typo

Is RAW still a taped empty arena show tonight?  Live events are permitted in Fla as of today (25 percent capacity),  but I haven't heard anything to indicate a live show tonight?  Someone (Meltzer) mentioned that Vince is already talking to arenas about bookings. 

AEW is planning to run live three times this month.  Anyone know if they're admitting fans.  AEW has done better than WWE, but the empty arena shows are still fairly dull.  Pro wrestling needs at least a small crowd.

17 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Is RAW still a taped empty arena show tonight?  Live events are permitted in Fla as of today (25 percent capacity),  but I haven't heard anything to indicate a live show tonight?  Someone (Meltzer) mentioned that Vince is already talking to arenas about bookings. 

If I'm not mistaken, tonight's Raw was taped last Monday on the 27th.

25 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

AEW is planning to run live three times this month.  Anyone know if they're admitting fans.  AEW has done better than WWE, but the empty arena shows are still fairly dull.  Pro wrestling needs at least a small crowd.

It was first reported that Florida was allowing fans but it turns out those guidelines are for June 1 (when we’ll be at 3k deaths per day). 

This is the WWE Taping Schedule

This is the current schedule:

4/24 - Smackdown live

4/25 - Smackdown shows for 5/1 and 5/8

4/27 - Raw for that night and for 5/4

4/29 - NXT for that night plus for 5/6

5/11 - Raw for that night and Smackdown for 5/15

5/12 - 5/18 Raw and 5/22 Smackdown

5/13 - NXT for that night and NXT for 5/20

5/25 - Raw for that night and 6/1 Raw

5/26 - Smackdown for 5/29 and for 6/5

5/27 - NXT for that night and for 6/3

6/8 - Raw for that night and Smackdown for 6/12

6/9 - NXT taped for 6/10

6/15 - Raw for that night and Smackdown for 6/19

6/16 - Raw for 6/22 and Smackdown for 6/26

6/17 - NXT for that night and for 6/24

6/29 - Raw for that night and for 7/6

6/30 - Smackdown for 7/3 and 7/10

7/1 - NXT for that night and for 7/8

Bolded to show that indeed tonight's show was taped last week.

So the next live shows are: RAW (5/11) and NXT (5/13)

Smackdown won't be live again until mid-July (or Vince changes his mind again)

Very sad flare up of Dave's dementia on today's WOR:  

When talking aboutt meeting Eddie Mansfield at a Walmart in St. Petersburg, Florida while in town for SuperBrawl 91, he claimed that the Smoking Gunns got their start in Mansfield's IWF, feuding with Bill and Scott Irwin.

In reality, the Gunns were known as "The Long Riders" in the IWF, which was also the name of the Irwin brothers tag team, and of course, Scott had been dead for four years at that point when Bart Gunn debuted.

I'm not one to backseat moderate, but whoever thinks Shane McMahon should be bought back in any capacity deserves a time out. 

Okay, I kid. But I never want to see a character like Shane be booked like he was last year again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

Two of the most trustworthy voices in wrestling, for sure.

My favourite part of Eric's shtick is when he insists he's mellowed out and that he doesn't hate Dave or take anything personally and then a minute later is very clearly ticked off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I only want Shane to come back if it's to face a rejuvenated Toshiaki Kawada who has regained all the weight he's lost and is back in fighting shape.

Seeing Shane O'Mac get Irish whipped into the corner, and then just absolutely drilled in the face with a super-stiff running kick to the jaw would be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

It was first reported that Florida was allowing fans but it turns out those guidelines are for June 1 (when we’ll be at 3k deaths per day). 

Ddin't know that.  I heard it reported as "live crowds - May 1".  Didn't see the clarification.  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

My favourite part of Eric's shtick is when he insists he's mellowed out and that he doesn't hate Dave or take anything personally and then a minute later is very clearly ticked off. 

I like when he refers to Dave as a “jock sniffer” which may be one of the biggest cases of the pot calling the kettle black considering Eric had his head so far up Hogan’s ass at one point he could probably write a thousand word essay describing the joy he took in sniffing Hogan’s jock. 

At least Dave’s heroes aren’t Biker wannabes. ??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3