DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Right now, it feels like they're erasing Roman from their history and Roman is still with the company.

Assuming Roman sits out a year or more (until a vaccine is ready or whatever), I fully expect Vince to bury him for "abandoning the company".

Bringing him back as a masked terrorist named "Covid 19" and jobbing him out relentlessly would not be out of character for Vince.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I mean he probably isn't going to be one tv for until next year. Doesn't really seem like there is much point in talking about him now.

I caught one of his IG livestreams and he spoke like he was still pretty much a company guy, most WWE apologists see this as just Vince deciding to keep Roman out of WWEs conciousness while he's out until he can return which makes sense. I don't see it being anything more than that but I could be wrong.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:39 AM, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Honestly, Ive got no idea what "boom boom" refers to.  I'm taking the board's word that it refers to rap, but I've never heard the term used that way before

I have and by the kind of people where it's not at all shocking. 

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well too bad for you. It's not a "take" as much as it's read what's there. 

Try not to be so happy about it, you'd come off as more genuine instead of your usual mysonogist hatred for any female wrestler that doesn't meet your standards.   The leap in logic to go from what she actually tweeted to "She hates black people" requires a whole bunch of racist stereotypes to be true and a whole lot of inference.  

But that doesn't matter to you, because she committed the ultimate sin of going over your favorite wrestler when she didn't deserve it, so you're going to gleefully cackle that someone you don't like is gonna get cancelled.

How big of a piece of shit are you?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Raziel said:

genuine instead of your usual mysonogist hatred for any female wrestler that doesn't meet your standards.   The leap in logic to go from what she actually tweeted to "She hates black people" requires a whole bunch of racist stereotypes to be true and a whole lot of inference. 

That sounds a lot like what you just wrote, pal. 

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I caught one of his IG livestreams and he spoke like he was still pretty much a company guy, most WWE apologists see this as just Vince deciding to keep Roman out of WWEs conciousness while he's out until he can return which makes sense. I don't see it being anything more than that but I could be wrong.

This my current take as well. Could be completely wrong, but it feels like something we have to wait and see on.

I’m getting drunk and watching Chi-town Rumble 89 because, well, it’s Saturday. Mike Rotunda just won the TV title by raising his shoulder when him and Rick Steiner both had theirs down on the mat. The next match is Luger v Windham and has the same finish. Who booked this shit? 

• Like 3

He’d already gone by this point I think? The spike incident has happened, Arn and Tully have gone, Dillon is gone, Windham is gone after this event 

Edited by BurningBeard

Allow me to translate to Commonwealth English:

IMG-20200430-162435.jpg

"Boom Boom Music" to me as an English person is people with amplifiers installed in their cars. What we call "Boy Racers". Because their cars go "BoomBoom". Australia shares a lot more colloquialisms with England than America. Boy racers can be of any race or culture, but are usually young dumb white kids who live in their mum's basements and use bank loans and credit cards to soup up their Renault Clios.

IMG-20200430-162437.jpg

So this "those people" tweeted by the person who is not Peyton is most likely referring to Boy Racers with loud ass audio systems. And Peyton is innocently agreeing with them.

Internet mountain out of molehill.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

If it was post Spike incident,  then it was either Crockett like was said, or Ole.  I don't know exactly in 89 Ole took over, but multiple double pin subversion finishes is in his wheelhouse. 

29 minutes ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

"Boom Boom Music" to me as an English person is people with amplifiers installed in their cars. What we call "Boy Racers". Because their cars go "BoomBoom". Australia shares a lot more colloquialisms with England than America. Boy racers can be of any race or culture, but are usually young dumb white kids who live in their mum's basements 

How many English houses have you been in, that had basements? Because not many of them do, y'know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Classic promo. "Wait, wait, wait, that's not it either!" 

Then he hit us with the Most Electrifying Line in Sports-Entertainment Today and it was great. I remember hearing this promo live. It's etched in my brain along with half the other shit The Rock's ever done.

I put that promo on a mix cd of wrestling music and promos I made after saving up to buy a CD burner back in 2000.

• Like 1