NXT on USA - 4/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Advertised for tonight:

For the North American Championship - Keith Lee (c) vs. Damian Priest
Charlotte Flair vs. Mia Yim

More of the Interim Cruiserweight Championship Tournament

Who (or WHOM) attacked Finn Balor?

---

Also, they're going to have to address the Velveteen Dream allegations.  Probably by quietly shelving him in favor of another challenger to Adam Cole's NXT Title. 

Guest Edwin

I've lost interest in Lee as they've kept him tied to Dijakovic and Priest. We've already seen the Dijakovic matches which are more impressive when it's run once and Priest doesn't really do it for me, so I just hope they let him move onto someone else after tonight.

Pretty decent show all around other than The Newly Bro show which was certainly something.  Looks like they're loading up next weeks show which makes me wonder if they would do a title change in the middle of all this empty arena shows. 

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Liked seeing Candice let out her inner Super Dragon with that vicious curb stomp

I enjoyed Candice using Super Dragon's curb stomp. Super Dragon was a favourite of mine: the look, moves and aura. Right in saying he made a brief comeback in 2011. Take it Dragon went back into retirement and still books PWG?

Edited by The Natural

Guest Edwin

That was a good episode from what I saw -- everything except Lee vs. Priest for the reasons I mentioned before. Next weeks show should be good: Cole vs. Dream, Io vs. Charlotte, Gargano vs. Dijakovic and Killer Kross is schedule to appear.

Candice’s curb stomp looked brutal. Will be interesting to see how her heel persona goes as I liked the plucky babyface version. 

Mia/Charlotte was fine but I’m more interested in Charlotte/Io next week. I don’t think she stands anymore of a chance than Mia did but should be a great match. 

Like the idea of Candice's new character though it doesn't feel like its all there quite yet. the curb stomp as her finisher is neat.

Swerve beating Fantasma was a nice surprise.

Lumis/Thorne was decent. Lumis is only ok in the ring, but I do like the character.

The Newly Bro show was weird, amusing, and didn't overstay its welcome with Imperium attacking.

Drake/Neese was surprisingly solid due to Neese turning the asshole act up to 15 or so. Glad to see Drake get a win in.

Charlotte/Mia was good. The post match faceoff with Io was just kind of there. Wish they had actually built Io/Charlotte up more though the match itself has all the potential to be great so I'm excited.

I skipped Lee/Priest. I'm sure the match was fine, but they have just done so little to make Priest actually interesting that i just couldn't bother with it.

I dig Evil Candice. One of WWE's greatest strengths these days is turning perennial babyfaces into surprisingly great heels (see: Zayn, Sami and Kai, Dakota and Bayley, It's). The stomp was crazy, Kacy must be glad she came back.

I'm so into the round robin tournament too. I love that shit, trying to figure out the booking puzzle, seeing who gets on a run or has a mini-arc. Not sure about this Drake Maverick stuff. I'm happy for the dude to get rehired or whatever is happening but turning the releases into an angle is distasteful. But so is using a wrestler's death and they do that all the time.

Ready for Lee to face some smaller guys again. That's when he's at his best.

I’m guessing that they are building to something with El Hijo Del Fantasma only speaking Spanish thus far (he speaks English fluently, although heavily accented) and fighting off the plucky masked abductors twice. 

Edited by A Guy Named Tracy

Both Yim's and Priest's best match to date.

Kacy makes every move on her look brutal.

3 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

I’m guessing that they are building to something with El Hijo Del Fantasma only speaking Spanish thus far (he speaks English fluently, although heavily accented) and fighting off the plucky masked abductors twice. 

If they turn  the luchadores into their equivalent of Court of Owls? Mmmpphhh