DVDVR Message Board

Raw is obLIVion - 4/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, D.Z said:

Anyway Liv Morgan is so cute.

Well, Dolfan WAS wondering who asked for it. 

But not having seen the show yet Liv has improved quite a bit and I appreciate what she's doing. I don't know about her as champ right now but she'd make for a worthy contender to root for. 

• Like 1

I for one am glad Jinder is back. I'm interested in seeing what him vs Drew will look like after the Seth feud. At least they have a backstory.

Liv Morgan should beat Becky for the title. Or maybe Nia after Nia beats Becky.

Zelina/Andrade vs Garza/Charly is going to rule.

• Like 2

I continue to enjoy Zelina and Andrade being all over the show and Garza charming Charly.

The triple threat not being an actual match was weird. Not sure why they couldn't just make that an interview segment that was interrupted or something.

Liv/Ruby was nice enough while it lasted. 

I skipped the end. Seth talking interests me so little in general but even moreso when there isn't an audience to react.

Joe back on the commentary team was a welcome sight.

I guess I'm okay with Liv's win, but you'd think they'd have let Ruby steal one to force a rubber match.  You could still protect Liv's push by having her win a war of attrition following a screwjob loss.  At least that showcases her grit and preps her for tougher competition while also keeping Ruby from looking like a scrub.

What can Liv really do with back-to-back wins over Ruby Riott?  Challenge Shayna and get choked out in five minutes or get mauled by Nia Jax?  Liv's will only place her in JTTS status if there is no will to put her over tougher competition.   She'll be on the same tier as Ruby and no closer to a title than she was when this push started.

Is there an animated gif of Ruby's "What Do I Have To Do To Kill This Chick?" expression?   It was pretty awesome but not quite on the level of Arn Anderson; the true master of the Are You Sure That Wasn't Three? facial sell.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So is Andrade replacing Apollo in the MitB match or?  

Also, I'm not sure who asked for Liv Morgan's push, but it's here now, so enjoy it I guess. 

Would it really surprise you if Brock was a replacement for this match?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Would it really surprise you if Brock was a replacement for this match?

Two years in a row of Brock taking the briefcase at the last second would be tremendously Vince.

I've enjoyed Liv Morgan since NXT, it's cool to see her get a little something going (although I wish it wasn't at Ruby's expense). I don't think she's progressed too much in the ring but neither had Alexa Bliss when she started getting some wins and she turned out alright. Liv isn't near the promo though.

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

. I guess the word shit is pg now?

Swearing is only rude if you have an American accent, apparently. They set the precedent with Sheamus' Kiss Me Arse match, so now of course Drew can say Ye're full ae shet.

I actually liked the contract signing because MacIntyre got to play the rare face-who-doesn't-stand-around-waiting-to-get-attacked role and actually instigated the violence and still stood tall after the 2 on 1.

Mahal looks better with the shorter hair, more of a killer.

MVP being ALL over WWE programming lately is weird.  He hosted the VIP Lounge (also a big LOL at the VIP lounge having futons!), showed up again to antagonize Cedric-Richocet with the new team he's (Possibly?) managing.  Heck, he was doing colour commentary on last week's Main Event that immediately preceded it on Sportsnet last night!

Zelina is the best.  During that 6 man, a couple of the wrestlers were decidedly just standing around waiting to be tagged: no emotion, no character show.  At the same time, Vega is walking around the ring: she's talking trash, she's getting on the ref, she's reacting favourably to moves her charges hit, she's upset when they get hit with moves in return.  Sometimes Aleister Black is just a guy standing on the apron, waiting for his turn to get in the ring, at which point he turns on the Aleister Black switch and plays the character perfectly, then he tags out and goes back to a guy waiting for his turn to perform.  From the point she walks through the curtain, there is no moment when Zelina Vega is not Zelina Vega.

• Like 3

This was the weakest empty arena Raw yet. I know there are more than three male heels on the roster, but it doesn't feel like it. (Makes that debate the other week about a "full roster" feel a bit odd.)

And when said heel team is getting beaten (and/or beaten up) every week, it's like a shitty Dastardly and Muttley.

Thank goodness the headline slot was a History Today debate, to liven things up.

• Like 1