DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is Stephanie No Fun - 4/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, did you hear it's been 25 years since the Game, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, the Chief Operating Officer of World Wrestling Entertainment, debuted?  

I'll bet you didn't.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, Infinit said:

Vince burying the main event segment was both sad and hilarious. Tremendous use of network television time lol.

Maybe tomorrow he will say he was being "sarcastic", like his buddy Donnie.

So your post made me curious and I found some clips of that segment on YouTube and... Yikes! That was rough to watch. I can't imagine who - other than maybe HHH, HBK, and Vince - that was meant to amuse or entertain in any way. I felt deeply embarrassed for them. I couldn't even get any schadenfreude out of it. Good Lord that was awful.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gordi said:

So your post made me curious and I found some clips of that segment on YouTube and... Yikes! That was rough to watch. I can't imagine who - other than maybe HHH, HBK, and Vince - that was meant to amuse or entertain in any way. I felt deeply embarrassed for them. I couldn't even get any schadenfreude out of it. Good Lord that was awful.

S1-tfY6U3YUJ0NxY.jpg:small

Yeah, I watched that yesterday. Utter shite.

Edited by The Natural

Embarrassing. Though I was hoping there'd be a level of HHH getting dissed, given that any WWE "celebration" is tongue in cheek and usually ends with the subject getting jobbed. So that happened, but the audience lost as well.

Silent Sheamus bullying Cole was weird. Maybe it was just the UK feed. He's saying... something while someone else is coming out, and it gets no sold on commentary. Sheamus bullying Cole is no Stone Cold bullying Cole.

13 hours ago, throughsilver said:

Embarrassing. Though I was hoping there'd be a level of HHH getting dissed, given that any WWE "celebration" is tongue in cheek and usually ends with the subject getting jobbed. So that happened, but the audience lost as well.

Silent Sheamus bullying Cole was weird. Maybe it was just the UK feed. He's saying... something while someone else is coming out, and it gets no sold on commentary. Sheamus bullying Cole is no Stone Cold bullying Cole.

Sheamus bulling Cole makes him a babyface IMO.