DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 4/22/2020

Dolfan in NYC

37 minutes ago, AxB said:

Did they really have Jake Atlas give a pre-match speech about breaking barriers and representation without actually acknowledging which social minority group he's a member of?

Yep.  Tune in to find out in the weeks to come!

He said something like "I'm excited to tell people the story of my journey" after the match.

Also noticed they're not going with the name "LGB-DDT" for his finisher.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Did they really have Jake Atlas give a pre-match speech about breaking barriers and representation without actually acknowledging which social minority group he's a member of?

They basically did everything except come right out and say it. The speech, the murals in the background.. 

I wonder how Daria Berenato would feel if they pushed Jake based on that?

I'm surprised they haven't given him the nickname Jake "Not that there's anything wrong with that" Atlas.

Also in the "I'd like to think Vince is not evil enough to do this" but what are the odds Vince told a writer "Hey, remember that bit we did with Tim White committing suicide?  Do you think we can reuse that now to lighten the mood with Drake?"

• Like 1

Jake "Don't ask, don't tell" Atlas

Can't wait for Luchador Balor to reveal himself (using a voice box) as the mastermind behind the kidnappings.

I'm really really digging how the tourney has become Drake Maverick's feast or famine story.

Raquel Gonzalez seriously is great, so freakin fun to watch.

Lumis is the best Heidenreich ever at the moment, with a bit of Truth Commission mixed in. But despite that description, I'm digging him a lot. 

Raquel working well as a monster. I'm glad she only got as far as one knee when she was selling damage. That's nice traditional booking. 

I forgot who Killer Kross was! I've not seen Impact in ages. I was trying to remember where I knew that mug when he beat up Ciampa.