DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Viking Carpool Karaoke - 4/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

So, the Viking Raiders thing......What the hell was the point? Are we supposed to laugh at these goofs driving around with a huge leg of meat and helmets?  Did they reach into the box of gimmicks and get the comedy gimmick Revival was going to be saddled with?

I'm not saying they have to be badasses and win every match. But I just can't fathom how that was filmed, everyone involved looked back at what they shot and said "yep, this is gold. Put this on television ASAP!"

Such good shit, indeed

• Like 1

So does Sarah Logan live next door to the Performance Centre, or did they have her fly cross country to make it to a building, so she could appear on a show, and then not use her on the show?

Drew is a confusing (and rubbish) champion. Maybe I'm too old school, but the idea of a babyface arrogant champ beating up much smaller guys and laughing at it is awful.

Especially when Theory - after being hurt already - decides to stand up to Drew and gets a shellacking. It's backwards booking. Especially the "Drew getting back into the ring to deliver more punishment" spot.

Kind of just makes it a classic WWE dickhead babyface. Though the fans cheering for additional punishment during Drew's gimmick change can be blamed for that last bit. No big surprise that asshole fans want to cheer for an asshole.

• Like 1

Eh, maybe. Tbh I've not watched full time since about 2005, but I can believe that's how faces work now.

But in terms of internal logic, he's working exactly the same as superheel Brock. And exhibiting the kind of behaviour that led to Bray taking Cena out of existence.

Far be it from me to suggest WWE writing lacks self awareness...