DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Viking Carpool Karaoke - 4/20/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I've noticed whenever there's a squash match, they refer to the "jobber on duty" as NAMEOFGUY, from NXT. Yet the guy is not somebody who is a featured NXT performer, just somebody training at the PC. Point being, why would anybody who hasn't watched NXT be inclined to tune in on Wednesday nights when the job guys on RAW and SD are so-called "NXT Performers"? Doesn't make NXT look very great as a brand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I've noticed whenever there's a squash match, they refer to the "jobber on duty" as NAMEOFGUY, from NXT. Yet the guy is not somebody who is a featured NXT performer, just somebody training at the PC. Point being, why would anybody who hasn't watched NXT be inclined to tune in on Wednesday nights when the job guys on RAW and SD are so-called "NXT Performers"? Doesn't make NXT look very great as a brand. 

This is how it was explained in the WON - your mileage might vary

A lot of NXT guys have been losing on Raw but there are still rules in place. Theory was moved from NXT to Raw because somebody was needed in the spot and he did well enough that he’s now there as a regular. Belair was a long-term plan to come up after Mania. Guys like Tehuti Miles or Cal Bloom on Smackdown are not on NXT television so it’s okay to use them as enhancement. Guys like Tozawa or Lorcan are considered 205 Live guys who also appear on NXT, so they are okay as well. The basic theory as espoused is that NXT is considered the front line of defense against AEW. They can work out a plan for talent needed on the main roster but NXT has to be positioned as something other than developmental or a Raw/Smackdown feeder system right now

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If I was a worker I’d be asking to get paid for my work. I don’t care if I’m getting paid for the 90 days.You fired me, and now you want to use me like I wasn’t. Fuck you, pay me like I still work there, even if you have to double pay me. And I ain’t going to get paid like no jobber. 

Some of these wrestlers are idiots.

Theoretically she could also be doing it to make sure there isn't any punishment towards her husband.

Not saying that makes it better... just a theory though

Plus, if you play ball, it's much more likely you get hired again in the future. Maverick, by either a) protecting kayfabe if his matches were already taped or b) agreeing to do them, helps his case to come back monumentally. I mean, it all sucks, but yeah.

• Like 1

I read a report from somewhere that Sarah Logan might be getting hired back. Apparently a LOT of people backstage "went to bat" for her. Take that for what it's worth...

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Theoretically she could also be doing it to make sure there isn't any punishment towards her husband.

Not saying that makes it better... just a theory though

You mean like getting put in a carpool karaoke video?

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If I was a worker I’d be asking to get paid for my work. I don’t care if I’m getting paid for the 90 days.You fired me, and now you want to use me like I wasn’t. Fuck you, pay me like I still work there, even if you have to double pay me. And I ain’t going to get paid like no jobber. 

Some of these wrestlers are idiots.

If there was ever a time for them to stand up for themselves, now would be it.

Like if I were in this situation I would be like "am I getting paid extra to be there? No...click". But all of them are like "well, if we just show up maybe we'll get lucky and they will hire us back". Most of them are hoping for a WCW situation where they get paid to sit around and do nothing anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

The NXT women’s champ did ok on Raw.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Peck said:

RATINGZ TALK~!

Look, I know this matters, but if it's still getting 3 of the top 4 slots on cable for the night, does it really matter all that much? Everything is down and it's still on top, right? Everything is relative.

Plus it seems relatively consistent about the actual audience watching TV: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-4-20-2020.html

USA’s WWE telecast was at 0.59/0.56/0.54 compared to last week’s 0.59/0.56/0.52.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is how it was explained in the WON - your mileage might vary

But then someone like Kayden Carter has been repeatedly used as enhancement, but was also in the qualifying matches for the #1 contendership on NXT so she doesn't fit this definition either.

11 minutes ago, caley said:

But then someone like Kayden Carter has been repeatedly used as enhancement, but was also in the qualifying matches for the #1 contendership on NXT so she doesn't fit this definition either.

The WON is saying, "NXT Talent can't sue us when they get the Rona from jobbing to Baron Corbin the way some indie worker could." 

Vince could give a fourteenth of a flying fuck who is or isn't NXT upper-, mid-, or lower- card.  I'm positive we're about three weeks away from Velveteen Dream getting squashed by Titus O'Neill on Main Event. 

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes, yes we get it - Meltzer is the anti-christ

We really need to decide because it's confusing.  

Is Meltzer the Anti-Christ, or is Vince?

On 4/21/2020 at 1:15 PM, Matt D said:

Plus, if you play ball, it's much more likely you get hired again in the future. Maverick, by either a) protecting kayfabe if his matches were already taped or b) agreeing to do them, helps his case to come back monumentally. I mean, it all sucks, but yeah.

But don’t we also always here that the best way to make Vince want to hire you back is to stand up for yourself, tell him to go fuck himself and that you don’t need him?

• Thanks 1

While those ratings numbers look bad, they only care about how it does in certain demo's. But with a lot of people watching on a dvr, I'd be interested to know those numbers. If people aren't taping the show then there should be concern on USA's part. Also, RAW is usually on the USA On Demand thing so those numbers would be interesting too. Again if on demand numbers dropped, cause for concern.