DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

Guest Edwin
7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Hero should go back to NOAH.

I like this. Noah would definitely benefit from this.

Ohno can still go. I've seen him many times live against a variety of opponents and he's still fantastic.

Edited by Edwin

See, his last WWE gimmick was that he wanted to be the Wrestling Genius and he was refusing to use any strikes in his matches. At all. So it was completely hold-counterhold, in seven minute WWE TV matches. Not the place to do that, and not enough time to do it right.

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I just hope no one finds pictures of me with my shirt off 10 years apart.

Yeah, I'm still confused as to what the point of that even was. Not sure if it was an attempt at body shaming him or what as his weight gain hasn't really affected his wrestling abilities at all.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:01 PM, AxB said:

All that stuff about Lio being an egomaniac and hard to work with... you ever notice how stuff like that seems to come out about every WWE wrestler who isn't a total sycophantic bootlicker?

And these stories are always about women or African American wrestlers, to boot.  Makes you wonder about some...uhhh...possible biases on the part of the guy running the place.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:56 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

Is Chris Hero still able to go?  On par with what he could do 10 years back? Smarter maybe? I've not seen this 'Kassius Ohno'.

Hero's 2015/2016 indy run, when he was in roughly the same shape as he's in today, was god damn amazing.  If you have the Highspots network, see if they have some PWG from that timeframe.  He had an awesome BOLA 2015, for example.  I don't know where you can watch Evolve (same place?) but he had a tremendous program with Thatcher around there too. 

I'm happy he'll (hopefully) have his old theme music back.  Pound for pound the best without a doubt.  So come on down and get knocked the fuck out.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

And these stories are always about women or African American wrestlers, to boot.  Makes you wonder about some...uhhh...possible biases on the part of the guy running the place.

Hero's 2015/2016 indy run, when he was in roughly the same shape as he's in today, was god damn amazing.  If you have the Highspots network, see if they have some PWG from that timeframe.  He had an awesome BOLA 2015, for example.  I don't know where you can watch Evolve (same place?) but he had a tremendous program with Thatcher around there too. 

I'm happy he'll (hopefully) have his old theme music back.  Pound for pound the best without a doubt.  So come on down and get knocked the fuck out.

While your first point certainly has merit it should be noted that there are quite a few white wrestlers who have been hit with those tags (the most notable being Seth Rollins ( he was literally nearly fired in developmental) and CM Punk). I won't argue that race doesn't play a part in these things (it clearly does) but I think the fact that the people running the company are morons is the biggest factor. Also: is it a case where non white wrestler are more likely to see through being fed a bunch of lies and bullshit and call the company on it (Which leads to them being labeled as "malcontents" because God forbid that any wrestler has the nerve to stand up for themselves)?

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

All the Evolve shows are on the WWN streaming service.

Whatever happens, if Corgan's NWA is still running shows after all this, I desperately want Rusev to sign a deal that allows him to work there.

Then I want him to show up and kick Zicky Dice in the face and feud with Nick Aldis over the Ten Pounds of Gold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

I am also surprised that the fact they literally fired a woman who was pregnant isn't getting more attention. 

Probably because the woman in question had given birth over 10 weeks before they released her. I agree it’s crappy they let Maria go, but honestly her and Mike shouldn’t have gotten seven figure contracts per year in the first place. Especially with her not letting the company know she was pregnant until after she’d signed the contract. 

46 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Probably because the woman in question had given birth over 10 weeks before they released her. I agree it’s crappy they let Maria go, but honestly her and Mike shouldn’t have gotten seven figure contracts per year in the first place. Especially with her not letting the company know she was pregnant until after she’d signed the contract. 

OK I didn't realize she had given birth. And they were given those contracts specifically to prevent them from going to AEW. And if she had told them she was pregnant and they pulled the offer they'd be sued and even that horrible excuse for a human being Jerry McDivitt wouldn't be able to get them off.

19 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hero needs to embrace the fatness. Stop wearing t-shirts. Go back to the tight sleeveless top, and trash bag pants. Brodie has brought that look back.

I've been saying Hero should go back to the top and Hefty bag pants for quite a while.

...and bring back the Superman theme

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sabremike said:

OK I didn't realize she had given birth. And they were given those contracts specifically to prevent them from going to AEW. And if she had told them she was pregnant and they pulled the offer they'd be sued and even that horrible excuse for a human being Jerry McDivitt wouldn't be able to get them off.

I know why they were given them, but that was still way more than either one should have received for their spot on the card (and considering WWE paid for Mike’s rehab before). Who said anything about them pulling the offer? 

My comment was more (and I’m sure this is how Vince McMahon thinks too) that if she’d been up front about it that they would have made a different offer to start with. I get WWE isn’t ethical very often, but that was still deceitful on her part, and she and Mike both had to know she’d get released the first chance they got for that reason alone. 

2 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I know why they were given them, but that was still way more than either one should have received for their spot on the card (and considering WWE paid for Mike’s rehab before). Who said anything about them pulling the offer? 

My comment was more (and I’m sure this is how Vince McMahon thinks too) that if she’d been up front about it that they would have made a different offer to start with. I get WWE isn’t ethical very often, but that was still deceitful on her part, and she and Mike both had to know she’d get released the first chance they got for that reason alone. 

Reducing the offer would have been just as illegal because it is still discrimination against a pregnant woman. 

2 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

So apparently Dan Matha was in the hospital recovering from a serious car accident when he was let go.

Classy as fuck, them McMahons.

And all the McOphants online will continue to defend them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1