DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

32 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

a school that's been a source of talent for the WWE over the past few years, no less.

And how long did he have this job?  Definitely less than a year, right?

Well come on.  People complain about why do people go to WWE all the time.  Lance worked there before.  He knows that it can be volatile and he weighed his options and chose the WWE over his school.  He's a grown man that made a choice.  There is no way they gave him a lifetime job guarantee.  We have all made bad career choices.  Lance may just be a layoff for all we know until events can start happening again.  If live events aren't happening and you are just doing TV how many producers are required right now.  Besides with the way the economy is in Alberta now a wrestling school would be on shaky ground.  And closed due to pandemic.  

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt

Guest Edwin

People are saying Dorian Mak got released.

Kassius Ohno also got moved to the alumni section of WWE.com so there's speculation he got cut or is just going to be a trainer.

7 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Has anyone ever been released one month after wrestling in the main event of a pay-per-view, like Sarah Logan?

There have probably been people fired the night of a ppv or the next day, likely for behavioral or substance abuse issues. 

• Like 1

BTW - Drake Maverick wasn’t lying.

Those tournament matches are happening on the live shows and Drake vs Jake Atlas has been announced for next week

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I speculated about some guys earlier. Kassius Ohno was one of them and he has now been moved to the alumni section of WWE so it appears he's gone.

I wonder if Chris Hero continues to wrestle or perhaps takes a behind the scenes job somewhere when things are somewhat back to normal.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I think Sarah Logan is really fucking good, just needs a direction. I don't know if she has an interesting character idea or not, but if someone can figure out how to package her, she could be super valuable. I'm hoping she lands on her feet.

I wonder how many of these releases were told to be good soldiers and when the shows start up they'll get their job back(Lololololol)

• Like 4

Just now, RolandTHTG said:

Warrior, Summerslam 91. Zeus maybe? 

I think Nash got released not long after Summerslam 03?

Not a main event, but Test got released not long after his abortion of an ECW title match with Bobby Lashley. I want to say it was the 2007 Royal Rumble.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I think Sarah Logan is really fucking good, just needs a direction. I don't know if she has an interesting character idea or not, but if someone can figure out how to package her, she could be super valuable. I'm hoping she lands on her feet.

I wonder how many of these releases were told to be good soldiers and when the shows start up they'll get their job back(Lololololol)

In her last match on Main Event, she was a kid-friendly, wolf-howling babyface.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Is this based on her indy work? I ask because she was never good in NXT or on the main roster.

• Like 1