DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

20 hours ago, Matt D said:

I like how that's the last straw. 

You put up with them for decades, but jobbing up Heath Slater* and Rhyno? That's it. 

*He's got kids to feed.

That's the thing about the last straw. It's always something minor. You ever see in a cartoon when a character is holding a huge pile of stuff and barely able to maintain it, then a feather or a fly or something like that lands on it and it all comes crashing down? Same principle. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, matt925 said:

I’ve felt like Nakamura has been in that roll for a long time. “You want me to punch him in the nuts and get disqualified? Ok cool, whatever.”

He’s seemed super content to float through and I don’t hold it against him at all. Get that money.

I think every NJPW guy dreams of being Yano though, Nak was just living the dream.  I mean, you get to grin like an idiot, punch folks in the nuts, and be over doing comedy- that's like the cushiest wrestler job there is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, alstein said:

I think every NJPW guy dreams of being Yano though, Nak was just living the dream.  I mean, you get to grin like an idiot, punch folks in the nuts, and be over doing comedy- that's like the cushiest wrestler job there is.

One of the very few things that I think Dave is wrong about is hating Yano in the GHC because frankly Yano is one of the real MVP's of the tournament. Why? Not just because he has fun matches, his biggest value is being an easy night for guys who are working a very physical and demanding schedule over the duration of the tournament.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, AxB said:

All that stuff about Lio being an egomaniac and hard to work with... you ever notice how stuff like that seems to come out about every WWE wrestler who isn't a total sycophantic bootlicker?

On that note:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin
9 hours ago, Ace said:

Hero's listed on the alumni page, so I guess that confirms it.

Yeah, it's been rumored for some days and it seems to have been confirmed today.

This 'Kassius Ohno' was another Florida loop favorite.

Guest Edwin
57 minutes ago, AxB said:

2009 Chris Hero:

Kenny Omega vs. Chris Hero from Ring of Honor 2009 | Views from ...

2019 Kassius Ohno:

kassius-ohno-nxt-in-ring-return-BIG.jpg?

Yes, he gained weight, so?

Edited by Edwin

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

One of the very few things that I think Dave is wrong about is hating Yano in the GHC because frankly Yano is one of the real MVP's of the tournament. Why? Not just because he has fun matches, his biggest value is being an easy night for guys who are working a very physical and demanding schedule over the duration of the tournament.

Yano and ZSJ both fill this role.  A ZSJ match is fairly easy as well- just sell for 90% of it as you're getting something worked on.

25 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Yes, he gained weight, so?

Plus he was roughly in the same shape like 2019 when he went 92 minutes with Punk. I'm not going into the long Match = good Match theory, but looks/weight have never had a big impact on Hero's in ring stuff. 

• Like 1

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-smackdown-draws-lowest-ratings-fox-episode-309171

So does Vince panic this weekend and go back to airing live shows three times a week, or does he wait a week before he panics and reverses his decision?

I don't believe for a sec WWE will air many pre-taped shows between now and July. 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:04 PM, RIPPA said:

Just for the record - I will not stand for any Dr. Luther slander

Will you sit or kneel for any?

2 hours ago, AxB said:

2009 Chris Hero:

Kenny Omega vs. Chris Hero from Ring of Honor 2009 | Views from ...

2019 Kassius Ohno:

kassius-ohno-nxt-in-ring-return-BIG.jpg?

Hero's almost as athletic as a fat 40 year old as he was in 2009. Thyroid and injury issues are a bitch. Not much he can do about the weight.

• Like 1

The only recent matches I saw Ohno in were on NXT UK television. He seemed passionless, and not quite able to take himself seriously. But that's the nature of NXT UK tv matches.

Apparently his Progress matches were much better, but I only watch Progress when it's free.

Guest Edwin
7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Hero should go back to NOAH.

I like this. Noah would definitely benefit from this.

Ohno can still go. I've seen him many times live against a variety of opponents and he's still fantastic.

Edited by Edwin