DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

Just now, RIPPA said:

The poor person on WWE.com updating the bio page clearly just gave up because there are a bunch of confirmed releases still on the page (Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel are two I definitely still saw)

Were Dallas and Axel confirmed?

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Were Dallas and Axel confirmed?

I thought so but at this point who knows

Like honestly its possible they released me today

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also apparently Seth Rollins did an IG live video that didn't go as well as I think he hoped it would

Mainly because he was trying to defend the company and did some version of "today is not the day to be negative to the WWE because people lost jobs!"

Seth will never learn. Just keep your fucking mouth shut.

• Thanks 1

Andrade release is the most surprising so far, Rusev might be the bigger name  but he wasn't being used since the Lana/ Liv angle and honestly they only used him because of the Lana affiliation. Andrade has been protected more than anyone other than Charlotte or Drew lately. He's obviously going to still be used on tv as will a few others. Even the talent that still get used that are contractually released they are working under alot of uncertainty.

This is a crazy time. I wonder if we are seeing the end of Hunters version of Developmental. Vince could decide he'll just focus on the main roster and downside like they did in the mid 90s

1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Andrade release is the most surprising so far, Rusev might be the bigger name  but he wasn't being used since the Lana/ Liv angle and honestly they only used him because of the Lana affiliation. Andrade has been protected more than anyone other than Charlotte or Drew lately. He's obviously going to still be used on tv as will a few others. Even the talent that still get used that are contractually released they are working under alot of uncertainty.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no clear statement about Almas being released? He has an ambiguous "pray" emoji on his twitter and Charlotte posted a broken heart emoji followed by a photo of her and Finlay. Is there a statement somewhere?

• Like 1

Someone posted it here after seeing someone just throw it out in a Discord.

Not a single other place had mentioned it then or now

So it was basically the equivalent of a fake Twitter account on a sports trade deadline day

Andrade has not been released

2 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

To the best of my knowledge, there's no clear statement about Almas being released? He has an ambiguous "pray" emoji on his twitter and Charlotte posted a broken heart emoji followed by a photo of her and Finlay. Is there a statement somewhere?

Oh my bad. He hasn't 

If folks want the full context of the Rollins thing

I don't believe there was anything malicious or anything but also maybe just understand how to read the room

9 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

I don't know.  It can't be fun watching people losing their jobs.  This day was coming for WWE for awhile since they had a bloated roster, Eric Young was still getting paid unbelievable, but its at such a rotten time with uncertainty in the industry.  We have a time with so much talent available but who knows where anybody will be able to work

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/29039628/wwe-furloughs-some-workers-cuts-other-expenses-amid-pandemic

ESPN.com front page story

The headline specifically cited Kurt Angle which is odd but also understandable

On the Roku ESPN page, Drake Maverick video is in the Top Videos section.  I am sure Vince wasn't hoping for that

To me the Seth Rollins video is the WWE version of "Thoughts and Prayers".   Do they actually believe it and have some bad feelings?  Maybe but it isn't going to change their opinion on anything. 

Edited by hammerva

2 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

If Jinder Mahal is still on the roster after this purge he has pictures of somebody

Himself all jacked, so Vince can stare at them all day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Hawkins and Slater on the heel side and Jose and Ryder on the face side were four of their go-to opening match (dark match, live event) guys. Will be interesting to see who takes those roles. 

Ricochet and Cedric Alexander will probably be the face team and I wouldn't be surprised if The Forgotton Sons, AOP will be the heel team or maybe the newly turned War Raiders will be that team once their fued with Street Profits ends.

• Like 1