DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

Lio Rush is the least surprising given his ego.

Kind of surprised Vince didn't book him to get squashed by Kane and Undertaker in a handicap match first, just to fuck him over before kicking him out the door.

Vince: "Well you said you wanted to be in the main event, pal.  Here's your fuckin' chance.  Gotta grab that brass ring."

I wonder how long it will take Lio's big mouth to get him worked over by Harold Meij's Yakuza henchmen, or for him to have a "private conversation" with Bully Ray?

Edited by Southside Jim

Guest Edwin

Rusev is the biggest loss here.

Him, Gallows, Anderson and Drake are the biggest surprises.

I guess Gallows and Anderson head back to New Japan.

It's a big bummer hearing about all of these releases.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I guess Gallows and Anderson head back to New Japan.

If they want any work this year, they should probably focus on the American scene. From what Tanahashi said today to Japanese lawmakers, New Japan doesn't want to re-open until all of this is over and done with. The group that went and met with people in the government said they want to be the last sport/entertainment that opens back up.

20 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Papa Khan

“Hey do you like the visual imagery of WWF wrestler Papa Shango? Do you like the soul stylings of Chaka Khan? Then you’ll love Papa Khan, LA’s premier Papa Shango themed Chaka Khan cover band, this Saturday at Paladinos, back to you Dan”

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

I just want a moment in AEW where Arn and Karl both hit spinebusters on people.

Maybe turn it into a story, Arn trying to teach Karl how to really hit one so he doesn't "tarnish the name of Anderson" or something.

While the whole situation is shit, most of us have been saying for a while now that WWE needed to make some cuts and let people go an work. Their roster is so insanely bloated but, for the most part, its the same 50 odd people working the major shows. The timing sucks but hopefully, in the long run, a wider spread of talent through the surviving promotions means a better product across the board.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Drake's message hit me hard. Damn shame. 

I wouldn't be surprised to hear more as this goes along. 

It was SO heartfelt that it actually made for (another) great promo leading in to this tournament. Now I definitely want to tune in.

Unless WWE comes to the realization that they really have to use for certain guys they're releasing, I expect most guys will get called back. There will probably be a few that decide to go to AEW if offered. There could be a few that they just forget about though sadly 

• Like 1

Late to the party here, but Cody has been campaigning for Ryder to come to AEW since before it opened. I imagine Ryder will be amongst their top priorities. As he should be. They already have a better ec3 in MJF, so idk why they’d bring him I . Rockstar Spud in AEW would be a boatload of fun, and I imagine Rowan could join the Dark Order if he wanted to. 

• Like 1

I don’t think nobody is going to get signed anytime in the near future, but EC3’s personality fits around a lot better with acts like The Best Friends, and maybe even The Dark Order, than Ryder does. Specially if he’s trying to do new goofy stuff like he’s doing in that video.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

How is Ryder anything else than Spears 2.0? He's far more charismatic admittedly but he is drenched in WWE loser stank and isn't a super worker by any means. Being a lower midcard guy that helps get over younger heel talent is likely where he ends up... In other words, babyface Shawn Spears. 

• Like 3

I think EC3 could possibly be a big deal, but he might be too muscular for his old TNA gimmick maybe. I think he'd be great as a Sting/Warrior fired up muscle guy.

Drake kind of surprised me although I can't remember the last time he's been on Raw. I think AEW should scoop him up because he's a fantastic personality and they seem to be doing a great job with managers.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just thought about this, didn't Drake says matches, plural, for the tournament? Which means he isn't losing in his first outing? 

I thought it was round robin for the first round. 3 matches.