DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

I can't see the EVOLVE relationship surviving this too. You'd like to think ROH/NJPW/NWA/Impact will benefit from this moreso than even AEW (who won't want to hire a ton of ex-WWE guys), but who is coming out of this still operating honestly?

Unfortunately you had to figure this day was coming.  It's only a matter of time before Fox and USA kill or drastically rework their TV contracts because they will be crying poor.  With people saying no live events with fans attending until 2022.  It is time for a lot wrestlers to look into training for a new career.  All those people who have been working out forever at the Performance Centre.  

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Kind of a pity as she just started to perform semi-regularly on NXT. Still  always thought she left the indies a bit soon as she only started to get a noteworthy rep.

13 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

That stinks as I found her entertaining the few times she was on Raw. Hopefully ROH picks her up when they’re back in business considering her connection to the booker (and the fact they kept Mandy Leon employed just to please Delirious).

Deonna & Marty broke up a long time ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Casey said:

Deonna & Marty broke up a long time ago.

I didn’t realize that as one of the supposed “insiders” on the ROH forum I read was talking about them still being a couple recently. 

Now at least I know that poster is as big of a joke as I thought. ?

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

You're also nuts if you think WWE is going to be the only wrestling company that needs to reduce spending.

Tony Khan: "Hi, this message is for Dark Order Creeper #7.  Hey, I'm sorry, but we're going to have to let you go.  We're facing a lot of economic uncertainty right now...."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

How long before the corporate overlords that own ROH ask Marty to take a pay cut if he is in fact making anything close to the rumours

I don’t think they’d dare to, because if the options are take a pay cut, or there’s the door I’m sure he’d choose the later. Especially as he’d still make a fortune working for some combination of AEW/New Japan/Any promotions in the UK that survive this.

5 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

How long before the corporate overlords that own ROH ask Marty to take a pay cut if he is in fact making anything close to the rumours

ROH just paid Katie Lea Burchill for a show that's been cancelled, so I'm pretty sure they aren't sweating any of this for whatever reason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I don’t think they’d dare to, because if the options are take a pay cut, or there’s the door I’m sure he’d choose the later. Especially as he’d still make a fortune working for some combination of AEW/New Japan/Any promotions in the UK that survive this.

But what promotions would hire when you are facing this much uncertainty 

1 minute ago, nofuture said:

It's pretty unclear, but I imagine Sean is talking about released NXT talent.

I agree with you there.

The "free to do whatever the want" is the interesting part