DVDVR Message Board

WWE COVID-19 RELEASE MEGATHREAD

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Most of the names frankly make sense.  The ones so far that are surprising is Lio Rush, Anderson, and Gallows

They had stopped using Rush again and he started being vocal about it on Twitter again so I am not surprised they asked him to accept and that he did

No surprises on Gallows, Anderson, Hawkins, EC3, Rush, & Young. They probably should have happened a while ago. Maverick getting released is disappointing and weird considering the Crusierweight tournament.

Edit: Slater being gone as well sucks though makes sense. On the other hand if he follows the same path of his 3MB brethren this could mean we end up with Heath Slater WWE champ in a few years after he returns.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't The Good Brothers just sign new big money deals last year, too?

I wanted to post this also. My recollection was they were locked in for 3-5 years. 

I want them in AEW with the emphasis on tag teams, and of course the Bullet Club connection makes sense there, but they'd be a really welcome addition to the NWA if they start running Powerrr again. Even Karl as a singles would be awesome on that show.

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

"WWE Producers Dave Finlay, Mike Rotunda, Shane Helms and Lance Storm have departed WWE as part of today's cutbacks, PWInsider.com has confirmed."

So seriously who are the producers now?  Adam Pearce and maybe Gabe Sapolosky?

A lot of the guys being released were only signed to longer lucrative deals to avoid them giving AEW talent(And the company had gotten that TV & Blood money). AEW sure isn’t going to sign them right now, and WWE is bleeding money from this. They were always expendable. They might get signed on again, but probably won’t be making the same amount as the last time.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs