DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 4/15/2020

ChesterCopperpot

5 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So Killer Kross NXT name is....Karrion Kross.

398c07655a.jpg?sw=800

I mean, it could’ve been Killbert Croshay or some shit.

He’ll lose the first name when he hits the main roster anyway.

• Haha 1

Random Observation, but man, NXT at the top is just built with a fuck ton of guys that basically are my “faces of why I don’t care about wrestling in 2020 tons” Hall of Fame. Johnny Gargano, Finn Balor, Tommaso Ciampa, Adam Cole. Good god almighty do I never want to watch any of those wrestle ever again. Even Matt Riddle is becoming someone I’m just kinda over, sticking Keith Lee with scrubs like Archer and Dijakovic instead of pushing him when he was red hot, and even Velveteen Dream ain’t saving it. I love Thatcher to death, but man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obviously there’s a cloud over things lately with today’s events and the ongoing uncertainty, but I thought it was a strong episode that showed NXT moving in some new directions, which is promising going forward. And it also didn’t have a 30+ minute Jake Hager match so it had that going for it too. 

I like the idea of a Tegan/Shotzi alliance, Dream/Balor next week should be fun, and the Charlotte promo did a great job of presenting her as a final boss type in this run while hyping the division as a whole: 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

Timothy Thatcher: Homeless brawler who is confused by the ways of Matt Riddle is a fun gimmick.

But they've already got one brawler who sleeps under park benches..

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
11 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Random Observation, but man, NXT at the top is just built with a fuck ton of guys that basically are my “faces of why I don’t care about wrestling in 2020 tons” Hall of Fame. Johnny Gargano, Finn Balor, Tommaso Ciampa, Adam Cole. Good god almighty do I never want to watch any of those wrestle ever again. Even Matt Riddle is becoming someone I’m just kinda over, sticking Keith Lee with scrubs like Archer and Dijakovic instead of pushing him when he was red hot, and even Velveteen Dream ain’t saving it. I love Thatcher to death, but man.

Ciampa is the best out of the bunch you mentioned and the Broserweight promo videos were fun. The rest I can agree on.

This was good, too:

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know shit from shinola about Dexter Lumis but he looks like "Ringmaster" Steve Austin and/or a serial killer played by Matthew McConaughey. The vibe is even kind of similar to what I remember Ringmaster/early Stone Cold being before he really got a head of steam going with the never-ending trash talk and shit disturbing. I looked him up and apparently his gimmick is supposed to be inspired by Patrick Bateman. I was going to guess something along those lines or meth psychosis Wyoming rancher. His gimmick and Killer Kross does seem to have a bit of overlap before actually seeing how Kross is going to be portrayed in NXT.

• Like 1

I have no problem with Karrion but Krusher is RIGHT THERE. At least, that would be my first thought. 

My second would be Krasher Kross so he would be named after the Japanese crasher crust punk sub-subgenre and you could play him out to Gloom or something

35 minutes ago, D.Z said:

NXT 692,000

AEW 683,000

NXT wins again, twice in a row.

Still think Vince should send down some bigger names when the next roster draft comes. 

NXT was the better show last night. There's no reason Jake Hager should be main eventing unless it's a multi-man match like Blood & Guts.

• Like 1