DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XI - 5/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I think if there was a crowd at Mania Otis would have became a mega face after Mandy made her run in. And I think and it’s a shame Woods is out but an extended feud between Wyatt with all 3 New Day members would be fun. Wyatts mind games and the New Days facial expressions we could probably be entertaining. 

A New Day feud would be better if Woods were healthy for sure. But ideally either way it would end with Big E getting at least a brief run with the belt. Hell they made sure to give fricken Jinder one, why not Big E? He’s entertaining, athletic, at least good in ring, and excellent on the mic. Then again I’d rather have seen Big E beat Goldberg at Mania instead of Braun. E at least hasn’t been pushed up and down the card relentlessly, and I think they’d have had more fresh feuds to do with him as champ too.

I’d like to see a Freebirds Rule with all three of them as Chslp be it WWE or Universal. Kofi back in the World Title Scene would be cool, the three of them against Fiend would be a ton of fun.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

That was ridiculous. I haven't seen the boneyard match or the Firefly Funhouse match, so this is my first viewing of a cinematic match, but that was fantastic.

Now they don't need to do another cinematic match for 15 months.

I was glad that I was wrong about the women's match.  Not only was Shayna not the winner she wasn't even a factor from what I can tell.  Otis winning with all that talent in the match is just weird and especially with the awful finish of Styles basically handing it to him 

Also Dana Brooke might have been booked as the dumbest person since Sting every time he dealt with Ric Flair.   Apparently she didn't know that the case was at the top of the building and thought any of them would work.  Then she basically gets eliminated slipping on a wet spot.   

Edited by hammerva
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin
Just now, PetrolCB said:

So, are Rey and Black dead?

No, they will be revealed as the 2 newest members of the Dungeon of Doom after Kevin Sullivan reveals himself as the hacker on SmackDown.

Guest Edwin

Heyman got hit with a tray of food and Johnny Ace got pie faced. That alone made this match fantastic.

Skipped Hardy/Cesaro, MVP/Lashley/Truth, & Drew/Seth.

Tag Titles match was solid. LHP and FS in particular had nice showings.

Bayley/Tamina was pretty solid, probably Tamina's best singles match ever. 

Braun/Bray was a decent story match. Will be interesting when the Fiend goes after Braun.

The MITB match was dumb and wonderful. Just a ton of fun with the ridiculous moments and general brawling about headquarters. Asuka winning was a nice surprise as it felt like Shayna had this certain. Shayna not even being involved in the finish was kind of neat. Otis was winning is kind of weird WTF moment but also pretty cool seeing how new Otis is and how over he was before the pandemic took crowds away. I just want them to wait a while to have either use the contract.

I hope this means the briefcase will now be helping Asuka exercise, cook Japanese food, go grocery shopping and draw anime. 

Subscribe & Thumbs Up

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I hope this means the briefcase will now be helping Asuka exercise, cook Japanese food, go grocery shopping and draw anime. 

Subscribe & Thumbs Up

You know we are getting KanaChan briefcase ASMR...

• Like 1

That was the first time in a LONG time that I enjoyed a WWE thing. My favorites won, there were some great cameos, funny moments, and best of all the whole household was entertained. I don't know if I liked this better or last week's main event of Dynamite.

Just a couple of things to nitpick about (I'll spoiler:)

Spoiler

Stephanie's bit. She was SOOOOO totally in the same room/building as Dana.

What happened to the other three women that prevented them from reaching the roof?

The Men's match. Techinically AJ and Baron should have won, but they added the "in control" rule this year. Doesn't that mean that Ellsworth really did win the women's MITB years ago after all?

Edited by The Green Meanie

RIP cinematic matches 2020 - 2020

It looks like I'm in the minority but I thought the MITB was no bueno. Brother Love taking a shit? An indy quality Doink? A food fight for no reason? I did not like much of that at all. I loved both the boneyard match & the fun house match. But both of those had a story to them. This was just throwing a ton of shit at the wall with no purpose. With a 480p cameo from Stephanie that was clearly filmed on a zoom call and edited in. No sir I didn't like it.

Maybe I need to take a break during the empty arena era. I'm just not connecting with anything they're doing. Yes I realize that's most likely a me problem and not a them problem. Sounds like most people here enjoyed it, so I don't wanna poo poo on your parade. It was some of the most cringey stuff I've seen in awhile.

The Undertaker doc after it was amazing. Will definitely keep up with the rest of the series.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Weird that two tag team wrestlers won it this year. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Kairi and Tucker.

I started late and actually skipped most of MITB match. I got way too much enjoyment out of that MVP/R-Truth/Lashley segment.

I'm shocked they didn't give more levity to Rey and Black going over the roof there. They just treated it as if nothing happened.

Cannon ball run the wrestling match was super entertaining to me.  The people power cameo. The fight in Vince's personal conference room/office.  Asuka being herself. 

I also liked Bray/Braun coz of how vocal they both were.  And it sets up Fiend/Braun in a nice way.  Bayley and Tamina had a good match with a crappy pinning combination ending.