DVDVR Message Board

Raw is AAA - 4/13/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I'm definitely enjoying Zelina's stable and it definitely looks like they're getting the "dangerous midcarder" push, which considering where the three of them were just a few months ago, is a definite step in the right direction. 

Loved the Zelina-themed episode stuff. I can’t believe they’ve turned Ricochet of all people into a JTTS. Drew is great in this role and is such a likable guy but Rollins is an obvious hard pass. I get that options are limited. Two weeks of Drew being booked like Big Dude Bret Hart in terms of how they present him as a champ. I can dig that.

My favorite thing tonight was Garza calling the camera man up to the apron to talk shit. That’s adapting to the environment.

Oh and Lorcan and Black beat the piss out of each other. No other match in the empty PC has sounded like that. Damn son.

Edited by For Great Justice

Its nice to see Zelina's stable getting built as dangerous. I just wish they kept that direction and gave us a bigger Andrade vs. Drew match instead of giving us Rollins vs. Drew.

Asuka/Ruby was solid even if Ruby was off a bit. Shayna's murder of Sarah's arm was expected but nice. Nia/Kairi was a decent squash. Dug Nia's press into the Samoan Drop.

Becky's and Charlotte's promos were both pretty solid.  Looking forward to Charlotte/Io.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peck said:

Yeah, I'm possibly reading way too much in to it but it made me slightly uncomfortable.

I was more uncomfortable watching a 70 year old man who literally ended up clinically dying on air several years back being allowed to be at this complete shitshow.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I was more uncomfortable watching a 70 year old man who literally ended up clinically dying on air several years back being allowed to be at this complete shitshow.

Fair and logical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its nice to see Zelina's stable getting built as dangerous. I just wish they kept that direction and gave us a bigger Andrade vs. Drew match instead of giving us Rollins vs. Drew.

Asuka/Ruby was solid even if Ruby was off a bit. Shayna's murder of Sarah's arm was expected but nice. Nia/Kairi was a decent squash. Dug Nia's press into the Samoan Drop.

Becky's and Charlotte's promos were both pretty solid.  Looking forward to Charlotte/Io.

Nia's press into the Samoan drop scares me. It looks like she doesn't get enough height on it and her opponent lands low on her shoulders. Maybe it's just my natural instinct to get nervous for Nia's opponents. I was hoping Kairi would have gotten some offense in, or least some Asuka interference.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nia's press into the Samoan drop scares me. It looks like she doesn't get enough height on it and her opponent lands low on her shoulders. Maybe it's just my natural instinct to get nervous for Nia's opponents. I was hoping Kairi would have gotten some offense in, or least some Asuka interference.

Perhaps this is a sign she's on the way out? Or not.

17 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I'm pretty sure Kairi is going back to Stardom whenever her contract is up.

Best part of the show was Asuka dancing to Ruby's music. She's also the best promo in WWE today.

50 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

And uttering the phrase "Ramen Noodle Moonsault"

Him calling Ruby the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and then naming other animals... ugh. 

Speaking of Ruby, she might be the only punk wearing both Crass and the Exploited patches. They kind of cancel each other out. 

Good match but I fell asleep after that. Thanks Raw, I ever get insomnia I know where to find you.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The move looked fine.

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

1 hour ago, Tim Evans said:

I'm pretty sure Kairi is going back to Stardom whenever her contract is up.

She talks to Rossy Ogawa regularly and got married earlier this year. No idea how happy or unhappy she is, but I imagine she would have to be doing ridiculously well to want to stick around when she can go back to Japan/Stardom to be with her significant other and be with another company that can & will pay her well.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

The move looked fine.

She talks to Rossy Ogawa regularly and got married earlier this year. No idea how happy or unhappy she is, but I imagine she would have to be doing ridiculously well to want to stick around when she can go back to Japan/Stardom to be with her significant other and be with another company that can & will pay her well.

And if she did that couldn't she also get an AEW deal on top of that (made feasible by the fact they only run one show a week)?

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

And if she did that couldn't she also get an AEW deal on top of that (made feasible by the fact they only run one show a week)?

Don't tease me with Kairi vs Riho.

50 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Possible though I doubt it unless Stardom forms a relationship with AEW. Jamie Hayter works both because she is a freelancer. Bea Priestly signed a deal before she joined with Stardom full time. No one knows what Bea's full deal with AEW is, but its presumably just a certain amount of dates since she was able to join stardom full time.

48 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Don't tease me with Kairi vs Riho.

Not that it would be likely, but that could happen anyways if she returned to Stardom.

I didn't even consider her potentially appearing in aew. Figured it would be either re-sign a big money deal with wwe and make sacrifices/changes, or most likely just return to stardom. That would be dope if she showed up in aew part time.

So, as a Kentucky boy and a long time USWA mark it pains me to say this, but never put Lawler on commentary ever again. He’s not funny, he adds nothing and it’s just not a good look for the old white guy to be making jokes like “Raman noodle moonsault”. He shouldn’t be traveling right now anyway but we got to use him, talking head on network or something.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

So, as a Kentucky boy and a long time USWA mark it pains me to say this, but never put Lawler on commentary ever again. He’s not funny, he adds nothing and it’s just not a good look for the old white guy to be making jokes like “Raman noodle moonsault”. He shouldn’t be traveling right now anyway but we got to use him, talking head on network or something.

Just go back and watch any random raw from 99. Him shouting “puppies!!!” every 30 seconds is excruciating. 

• Like 1