DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling 10-24-13

WAY TOO MUCH FUCKING TALKING ON THIS SHOW. AJ-Bully was fine. Finish kinda sucked. Looking forward to Angle-Roode next week, and I loved how epic the recap made Sting-Magnus. They're finally starting to build a compelling story for it...after doing a one-on-one match on the biggest show of the year. The ending was a high school play re-enactment of the Punk angle, and was hilarious!

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/10/tna-impact-wrestling-10-2413.html

Screens -

#fuckthisref

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/dxx9x7jtaog5ijpmlc06inbbx0d77dyk

I didn't really like the main too much.  I guess it was decent but nothing special.  The ref bump had me groaning and made me wonder why they think this type of booking will work for shit in 2013.  The Anderson/Bully brawl looked like two guys pretending to fight and I didn't buy it.  Plus, Anderson's facial expressions were funny.  Finally, Dixie came across like a bad parent who can't control her kids.  "Get back here AJ, I mean it"

Was it bad that I was more interested in watching the fat kid yelling at everyone than I was in the main event?

In other news...apparently Eric Bischoff is gone.

Bischoff is an idiot for sure. But while all of his ideas flopped (taking Impact to Mondays, taking the show on the road), it's easy to forget that he didn't exactly have a gun to Dixie's head and force her to go through with all his inane plans. But I'm guessing he's getting 100% of the blame for the whole thing.

Reminded me a lot of the post-BFG Impacts in 2010/2011 with all the talking especially the opening and very few matches. Liked Anderson's initial return. the knockouts tag featured the entire division in one match. Pretty good main event.. kept expecting someone to attack AJ at the end but he just leaves. Angle/Roode segment was pretty good and should be another good match next week.

I didn't watch this show, just read the recap on The Torch and the little error in this write-up made it sound like the angle of the year

Styles said Dixie didn't believe in him months ago when he didn't have a contract. So, as far as this contract goes... Dixie crumbled up the paper, wiped his butt with it, and threw it down at Dixie's feet. Styles shot Dixie a look of disdain before noting he's not done yet. Styles said it wasn't about the money, then told Dixie that money can't fix her problems. He said Dixie doesn't respect the title, him, or the fans. Styles told Dixie to look at the title because it's his. "I'm taking it from you," he said. "Because I'm leaving."

This sounds like Dixie takes the contract, wipes Styles' butt with it, then drops it at her own feet.  I'm just picturing her doing this and going "There! That'll show you!"

• Like 1

God this fucking show sucked

Three matches for less than 20 minutes total of wrestling and one of those 3 matches was a squash.

And the main event accounted for 3/4 of that 20 minutes of wrestling.

The first match didn't take place until over 30 minutes in.

Ray summed it up best

"So the opening segment is 30 minutes long and 2 commercial breaks and no wrestling AND Anderson returns. Fuck you TNA"

• Like 1

Would a better storyline for EC3 be that Dixie is extorting wrestlers to throw their matches in an effort to get him over as a babyface?

He could be a delusional heel like Bo Dallas in his acceptance of boos as cheers, and then whoever finally doesn't go along gets a big face pop, and you could even turn EC3 face afterward by playing like he had no idea Dixie was doing this.

BTW - The episode of COPS before Impact was a million times better. Plus it had better angles.

Dean and I were freaking out. I mean it opened with a car exploding into the biggest fireball ever and the dude getting out of the car and trying to fight the cop so they tazed the fuck out of him.

• Like 6

Totally forgot that TNA had any more of those PPVs-in-a-can left.

There's one more for January too: the World Cup.  And Aces and Eights are all over it, with Anderson, Brisco, Doc, and even Ivelise.

Incidentally, if anyone cares, Dewey Barnes works Tennessee indies under a mask as "White Tiger."

If anything, this run proves that Bischoff has only one booking idea. "Do the nWo."

For his legacy, Bischoff should have never went to TNA.

At least before his TNA stint you could say, "Guy took WCW to the top, beat Vince at his own game, obviously had talent, but crumpled under the pressure/letting the inmates run the asylum." I remember when he was in WWE and people seriously suggesting he have a spot on the booking team because, you know, despite his flaws, the guy had great ideas.

His TNA run, however, has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, he never had any real smarts or brains to begin with and is just a con man who happened to get lucky once. He isn't even worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Vince, or even Heyman.

Well, whatever. I hope he enjoyed Dixie's cash.

Incidentally, if anyone cares, Dewey Barnes works Tennessee indies under a mask as "White Tiger."

He's also been working at the merchandise table at TNA shows for quite a while now, along with Sal Rinauro. Speaking of, I'd be down with Rinauro popping up to face EC3 too. He was always fun as a job guy.

• 4 weeks later...

So, a month later, I actually watched this Impact (I like GTA more than TNA, it seems). When AJ said Dixie was a horrible person, I legitimately thought he'd said "Whorable". Which doesn't really work as an insult or a compliment, does it?