DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 36 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Man, you all are crazy - Orton/Edge was awesome.  It was like the longest "They Live" fight ever and I was hooked on every second of it.  

Edge's elbow off the chainlink ceiling of the boardroom was the move of the weekend. 

Edited by CSC
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Gorman said:

Continuing the "John Cena turns heel" theme, he's not only wearing a New York Yankees jersey, but it's a Babe Ruth jersey.

Was it one of those douchenozzle jerseys with "RUTH 3" on the back? Even better if so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

It's like when Batista and Jericho got fined for getting color while Taker and HHH was hitting eachother the chsirshots to the head after that was banned 

I don't think the number ever came out, but Triple H and Taker were fined for the chair shot at Mania 27.

15 hours ago, RIShane said:

Some good analysis of Charlotte/Rhea and it standing out by their making every move feel like a legitimate struggle rather than something more choreographed. I’ve noticed this quality before in Charlotte’s work with Ronda and Asuka, but combining it with all that relentless limb work was masterful, and I did not know Rhea was so good at selling. 

This is something we gave her praise for in the second MYC - a seemingly-intuitive sense of how to scale her selling (off balance from some spinny Catanzaro stuff rather than completely loopy) and keep herself busy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Was it one of those douchenozzle jerseys with "RUTH 3" on the back? Even better if so.

No, it was an authentic-looking, old-timey jersey with a "3" on the back. Although I like your idea, too.

2 hours ago, CSC said:

Man, you all are crazy - Orton/Edge was awesome.  It was like the longest "They Live" fight ever and I was hooked on every second of it.  

Edge's elbow off the chainlink ceiling of the boardroom was the move of the weekend. 

I'm coming around to this line of thought. I know there's not a lot of enthusiasm for Edge or Orton on this board, but I was shocked by the overwhelming negativity here. It was a nice change of pace from the other empty arena matches. And similar to what someone said regarding the boneyard match, it's easier to enjoy plodding backstage brawling knowing there isn't a paying audience sitting on their hands staring at a screen. 

Of course it was too long and on the melodramatic side, so there are clear knocks against it. But on the whole, I was fine with it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Raziel said:

That's odd, WWE isn't Impact, they're usually on top of Work Visa's.

I doubt they had much of a choice.  I don't think anyone is getting any new work visas for a long while.   

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Went back and watched Cesaro/Gulak because it's Cesaro/Gulak. Did I not catch anyone here mention that Cesaro FINALLY got to use the UFO in WWE? And not only, that he actually won with it? 

I thought Matt mentioned it, but it might have been someone else and they didn’t name check it. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Went back and watched Cesaro/Gulak because it's Cesaro/Gulak. Did I not catch anyone here mention that Cesaro FINALLY got to use the UFO in WWE? And not only, that he actually won with it? 

It was mentioned. It's about time he got to use it.

Who's the likeliest candidate to be even up the teams for Bryan/Gulak vs. Sami/Cesaro/Nak? In a normal timeline, this would be the ideal spot for an NXT call up. It would probably be Gargano or Ciampa. It would be the perfect spot for Riddle or Dunne if they weren't tag champs. Roddy or Oney would be cool too.

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Who's the likeliest candidate to be even up the teams for Bryan/Gulak vs. Sami/Cesaro/Nak? In a normal timeline, this would be the ideal spot for an NXT call up. It would probably be Gargano or Ciampa. It would be the perfect spot for Riddle or Dunne if they weren't tag champs. Roddy or Oney would be cool too.

Gulak and Bryan want Gable.

I think using the weight set was a bad idea, but just my two cents. I don't think you should ever ban choking spots from a wrestling match. I mean you have submission holds that are basically designed to render your opponents unconscious and deprive their bodies or brains of oxygen and make them pass out.

I want Brock to fail in his chase of Drew Mac & for Heyman to turn to Shelton to get the Stretch Crew together.

Let those guys run riot over the tag division for as long as they want.

Shelton can hit up the occasional singles match (with Heyman) to keep things on TV while Brock turns up for the title matches.

One of my favourite things about WrestleMania is seeing the bigger entrances on the Grandest Stage of All and the new ring gear wrestlers wear. Obviously the former wasn't happening with the move to the WWE Performance Centre. I thought the latter was disappointing with the exception of The Undertaker as a hybrid Dead Man/Biker Taker, Kevin Owens carrying on the KO Mania shirts, Seth Rollins coat and Bayley's gear with the big crosses over her former smiley logo.