DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 36 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

AJ gets Taker’s powers, and becomes “The Phenom One”. 

Best way to explain it would be Gallows using a throwaway line like “Thank God we dug you out in time. All those years of playing Dig Dug paid off”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

I enjoyed both women’s title matches on night 2. Charlotte/Rhea definitely exceeded my expectations. Just hate-filled and brutal with an ending that I didn’t see coming. Hate to see Rhea cut down just 3 months after her big buildup but a lot can be done with Charlotte as NXT champ against the new breed of women there. It’s different and fresh so I will give it a chance. 

Glad to see Bayley return and the seeds sown for her vs Sasha. I think all of the women did fine but this had to be the best Lacey has looked since maybe facing Nattie. And a cool Team BAD shoutout. 

Speaking of Nattie, she and Liv had a decent little match although I’m still surprised that they didn’t go with a Riot Squad 3 way match, 

Vince will shortly convince himself he's invented a new genre of entertainment, and when they can run real arena shows again, there will be entire crowds howling with rage as they stop the show for the second time in the evening to play a 40 minute video presentation of Braun Strowman vs CGI Andre the Giant in a gladiatorial arena

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

EU4VriDXQAIDadG?format=jpg&name=medium

They went so long that Edge turned into Van Hammer.

Also I have no sympathy for these wrestlers that call Benoit a monster if they are trying to exploit it by paying homage to his murder suicide.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

To put in perspective my comments about the time wasted on WWE shows: the first match didn't start until around 15 minutes in on both nights. I don't understand how people can sit through this.

Also, making the wrong call in both potential crowning moments for women that aren't The Same Four Women? Ridiculous.

Edited by MORELOCK
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't understand how people can sit through this.

Easy... I didn’t pay for it whatsoever.  This needed to be free for me like Shark Attack 3: Megalodon to even consider watching it. 

I can see Vince canceling NXT, and trying to do this on a weekly basis.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Bray Wyatt should only do Firefly Funhouse matches from now, live audiences be damned. And next time, get the NXT crew to be involved. Seriously, I'm not a fan of The Fiend, but that match had me hooked... right up until the end, with the WCW shit.

Anyway - later on tonight when I wake up, I'm going to binge the Boneyard match, Ripley/Flair, Gulak/Cesaro, Orton/Edge and Bryan/Zayn. Yes, I'm aware of how universally despised that Edge/Orton match is, but I'm curious.

Curiosity killed...well, you know.

It's probably better that Edge is in WWE stinking up their already stinky shows. I think my head would explode if I had to hear someone praise a 45 minute Edge-Omega slog.

• Like 2

The Boneyard Match was basically a recycled WCW match from 20 years ago that nobody remembers because it was WCW 2000 and it featured the KISS Demon Dale Torberg. Everyone has different taste but this was low level Sci-Fi Original stuff to me ??‍♂️. Understanding the current situation I can't say this(And the Firefly Funhouse Match) will be looked at so favorably as time passes on and things get back to normal. 

Edited by wpdougie2180
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

So which of you jerks were excited to see Edge and Randy Orton again?

Yeah I remember hearing people talk about "this should be the main event" and all I remembered was Orton vs Triple H having a god awful match with nothing that make you think they hated each other.   At least you could see Edge vs Orton really hating each other in this match.  The problem is that after after 25 minutes it was background noise that nobody believed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

There's the Sting/Hawk vs Nasty Boys match that went like 29 minutes at Starrcade '93 that feels more like it's 79 minutes. 

Yes...but Missy looked soooo Roll Tide that night, that match gets a pass.

Far be it from me to talk about wrestling psychology, but the thing that annoyed me about Orton v Edge was how every count was a 9 count. No need as it builds no suspense for those times when a 9 count is justified

Enjoyed the two unique segment/matches, they really showed what new things you can achieve and present in the context of ‘sports entertainment’,  but outside of the situation we’re in I don’t know that they can work as a regular thing with live crowd. That said, I see no reason why we can’t have Sting v Taker in this context now! 

• Like 1

I know they’ll go back to the Firefly Funhouse sooner than later, but I doubt it’ll be as good because Cena was in a unique position. He has a storied career with both a lot of WWE crafted lore and he was the top guy when internet discussion about wrestling really took off. There were a lot of touchstones and memes to play around with. Plus, Cena was game because he’s spent the last couple years planting roots elsewhere in the entertainment industry, he’s ready for his career to wind down, and he seems to be a good sport. Even if Orton decides to retire relatively soon, I don’t think he’s going to be seen dead doing a Randy News Network segment or popping a squat over a duffle bag just because Bray thinks it’s a good idea and Vince thinks it’s Good Shit™️.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also I have no sympathy for these wrestlers that call Benoit a monster if they are trying to exploit it by paying homage to his murder suicide.

17 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Meltzer defending the person who came up with the Benoit spot. Are you kidding me with that shit. There was no way either man didn’t know what they were doing when they did it.

Was that how Benoit killed himself? I didn't see the documentary so the details are lost to me. As a result it came across as a normal spot to me, and I assume it did with others.

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

He hung himself with a weight set.

I thought I remembered a hanging, but I did not know it was with a weight set. I wouldn't be shocked if neither knew just because I can see many close to that situation not really wanting to know any details and pushing it to the back to their mind just to move on. That said, someone in the planning of that match had to know. While its not impossible no one did and that was bad luck, it sure as hell isn't likely.

6 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

If WWE really wanted to stretch out their footage for the next few weeks then they should have Raw be a tribute to AJ and SD a tribute to John Cena, because in storyline terms I have no idea how they write AJ or Cena back into existence. 

Maybe have cops pull Taker over on his bike and be like “look, you got 2 options, either use your supernatural powers to resurrect AJ or we’re arresting you for murder”

I wouldn't expect much with the way Roman was written out.