DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 36 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

I enjoyed it all to varying degrees, but that Boneyard Match was so far beyond expectations. When I was a kid, I loved WMAC Masters, and that was like the epitome of stuff like that. I feel stupid saying I was giddy about it, but I also kinda feel like it's the best way to describe it.

• Like 3

Guess I'm in the small minority that thought the AJ Styles-Undertaker match was stupid. I hate the SyFy channel's original bad movies. Didn't like this. Final Deletion was fun once. I wanted AJ Styles vs Undertaker and if they can't do that then don't. 

Owens-Rollins was motn. Fun brawl, good trash talking. 

Thought the show picked up after the first hour. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Guess I'm in the small minority that thought the AJ Styles-Undertaker match was stupid. I hate the SyFy channel's original bad movies. Didn't like this. Final Deletion was fun once. I wanted AJ Styles vs Undertaker and if they can't do that then 

Agreed. It was fun but it was Baywatch Nights fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Anyone that shits on that Boneyard match needs to be kicked off the fucking board

Okay sorry I have been drinking heavy tonight.  But seriously if you hate that match fuck you go watch EVOLVE or some shit

It was absolutely incredible but if it wasn't done at a time where they are literally bringing giant trailers to hospitals to store dead bodies it would've been even better. Just made me feel uneasy.

Me: So are you a grizzled biker who had a successful wrestling career because you played mind games with your opponents using smoke and mirrors, or do you actually have supernatural powers?

Taker: Yes.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

I wasn’t as over the moon for the Boneyard match as a lot of you, but it was definitely the best use of Taker in ages.  If he’s going to insist on coming back for eternity, let him keep doing this stuff.

• Like 1

If we didn't have the virus and we were all at whatever Saturday WM weekend show you were planning to be at, we would have gotten a regular Styles vs Taker match.  Maybe a no DQ match but that is about it.  Given Taker in the last 3 or 4 years would we really want to see that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If we didn't have the virus and we were all at whatever Saturday WM weekend show you were planning to be at, we would have gotten a regular Styles vs Taker match.  Maybe a no DQ match but that is about it.  Given Taker in the last 3 or 4 years would we really want to see that.  

No, not at all.  Even if WM was at the stadium this is the best use of Taker. 

I don't want to sound like Cornette but it wasn't silly fun to me just silly. My dad has covid-19 as of yesterday morning and I gave him my network credentials to watch Mania along with me. He wasn't a fan of the Boneyard match and I vividly remember watching Orton vs Taker at Wrestlemania 21 with him. I'm disappointed and frustrated right now. 

There are definite lessons they can learn from this. There's no reason to ever do a 1-night Wrestlemania again. They can go to more taped stuff if they have it produced well. They can use a two man announce team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

There are definite lessons they can learn from this. There's no reason to ever do a 1-night Wrestlemania again. They can go to more taped stuff if they have it produced well. They can use a two man announce team.

Normal Wrestlemania as a 2 day event would work as long they do what they did tonight which is basically keep the lineup quiet until about an hour before the show.  

I really wonder if the WWE wrestlers that were going to work Night 2 knew what was happening on Night 1.  Like I wonder if Cena is watching that match in horror knowing what he and Bray did in their match?

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

A 2 night Mania (a REAL Mania) would probably be good for a couple years, but eventually they would let it bloat to where you’re watching 5 hours both nights.  Bloat and excess is what this company does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Guess I'm in the small minority that thought the AJ Styles-Undertaker match was stupid. I hate the SyFy channel's original bad movies. Didn't like this. Final Deletion was fun once. I wanted AJ Styles vs Undertaker and if they can't do that then don't. 

Owens-Rollins was motn. Fun brawl, good trash talking. 

Thought the show picked up after the first hour. 

this is just semantics but i'm pretty sure even those of us that loved it agree that it's very stupid, haha

One thing I hope this shows WWE is that if they're going to use Legends as much has they do, that "mini movie" format is probably the way to do it. You could get Sting through one of those. Foley. Austin. Goldberg. I'm not saying they should, necessarily, but you got septuagenarians still making movies like "the Expendables." Pre-produced "event matches" are absolutely the better option if they're going to insist on using part-timers and old guys.

• Like 1