DVDVR Message Board

It's Clubberin' Time!

I want to say that in an ironic turn of events, the great Flair/Piper match from Mid-Atlantic belongs here, with the 1 odd part being a move Flair might have done 0 times besides that match - the dropkick lol! Then by rule their match from 1998 belongs with no odd stuff thrown in because it was nothing but punches. Unfortunately that match wasn’t great because all they could do was punch.

Jesus Christ.  I sometimes forget how awesome GAEA was.  Here, Aja and Ozaki have to stop Meiko Satomura and Sonoko Kato from graduating to the upper echelon of the card by beating the living dog crap out of them.  Meiko Satomuro matches Aja's assbeating by the end.  Such a great great match.

• Like 1

One of the great things for me when I come to this thread at this particular point in history, after watching some empty arena AEW, is just how awesome it is to have a huge crowd going nuts for a fierce brawl. In damn near ever match in this thread, the crowd adds so much to the action in and around the ring.

Ijust love to hear those fans erupting with every blow that Aja or Oz strike. 

Speaking of which... this is like a slightly more "fighting spirit" and slightly less "borderline manslaughter" take on Black Terry vs Wotan. The chaotic atmosphere never lets up for a moment. There is no gravel and there are no beer bottles - but in a truly great moment, there is some beer. There's also no Wotan... But there is Demus 3:16 (whom my autocorrect really believes was one of the founders of Rome). So, uh, yeah: Black Terry vs Demus, my brothers!

• Like 2

You know if there is one thing we are truly missing out on during the quarantine, it is gonna be Demus falling into fans and hyping people up under a tent somewhere, covered in dirt and blood and soft drinks and beer. The man is a goddamn treasure and now he can't do what he does best.

Yomiko Hotta introduces a new level of assbeating and Grizzly Iwamoto tries to fend it off old school.

• Like 1

Yukari Shura owes Aja Kong money and I guess she tried to mount Kyoko Inoue's mom.  Eagle Sawai keeps the AJW contingent from completely slaughterizing Shura.

• Like 1

This just showed up in my Youtube feed.  Rick Rude is awesome in this- beating on Brodie and then bumping like freak.

• Thanks 1

I've always enjoyed Rude's bumping... and his grinding.

And I don't want to put too fine a point on it, but the three main things that have been keeping me happy during the crisis are being able to spend more time with my daughters, getting back into TRX suspension training, and catching up on all of these great Joshi, Lucha, and territory brawls. (And also Secret Santo). Man, the days would go so much more slowly without this!

And here is an absolute masterpiece of a brawl:

• Like 3

Tenryu is on his way out to start Super World of Sport (this is in fact his last match) so Jumbo is gonna punish him for it. Not only that but Hansen is pissed off that he isn't #1 Contender so HE is gonna punish Tenryu for THAT. Apparently they have a huge brawl in the back afterwards but that isn't on this video.  

Edited by Curt McGirt

#126 on the '80s set, right above Andre vs. Hogan. I remember having it higher than that myself. Abby was a breath of fresh air whenever he showed up; one of my favorites on there was the WAR-esque combination of Abby/Dynamite Kid/Baby Face against Inoki/Fujinami/Tiger Mask.

This match is clubberin' in between two big missed moves.  I knew Sarge was a bump freak.  Didn't know Schultz was one.

lt

• Like 3