DVDVR Message Board

It's Clubberin' Time!

On 9/2/2020 at 2:43 PM, DEAN said:

Mongolian Stomper ALMOST bleeds enough for the BLOOD SUCKING FEAKS~! thread,  but it does meet the clubbering quotient by a country mile.  Tony Atlas was built for this thread.

Sweet Jeebus, Mr. USA Tony Atlas was such a good babyface. He was one of the few we born-corrupted youths would cheer, come to think of it. That post match promo (love the wisp of a plaster on his brow) is fiery greatness, sellin' tix for that cage match. He never pronounces "Mongolian" the same way twice, and why should he the Stomper doesn't deserve it. He vs. Jesse Ventura (one of my guilty pleasures (SHUT UP!)) was always fun.

- "you caint beat Texas",

RAF

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 12:51 PM, DEAN said:

How have I never seen THIS?  Akira Hokuto and Bull Nakano are locked in a cage with each other and they beat the hell out of each other and then they hit and miss giant highspots off the top.

I was just about to post this, but luckily used the search function. Such a great match. I’ve been on a Hokuto kick recently. She’s becoming one of my favorites. Bull is awesome. Who I need to see much more of. They just beat each other up. 

If it wasn’t posted already I was going to label it as “ @Casey vs @Jiji “

• Like 3

I didn't even recognize Steve Williams.  So much clubbing forearms.  One Man Gang and King Kong Bundy are your clubbering tagteam for the ages.  OMG has such a classic neckbeard that he should be the rhythm guitar player for Soliloquium.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I didn't even recognize Steve Williams.  So much clubbing forearms.  One Man Gang and King Kong Bundy are your clubbering tagteam for the ages.  OMG has such a classic neckbeard that he should be the rhythm guitar player for Soliloquium.

Doc looking like Jeff Cobb without the beard.

• Like 1

That was a real good tag. Basically it was worked like Strong BJ vs. Violent Giants, only through a NOAH filter, where the moves and double teams were a bit flashier but everything was just as brutal. The story is really Sugiura stepping up to play with the big boys as he looks legit like the strongest guy in the ring. Takayama isn't even as strong as shown when he has Mori in the crucifix sub where your knees are against the opponent's back, he can't roll over all the way so Sug has to help him out, which amuses the crowd. Takeshis crush Sug in neat ways like a double stand on him spot, then Rikio at one point basically planks on top of Mori's shoulders to help squish Sug. Ouch.

The shit I find reviewed on Segunda... This is a match set outside in a cage, no ring, just two guys waffling each other for five minutes. The chairshots are really disgusting and uncomfortable and the video is dim for about a quarter of it, but it's just so fun. Everybody has a Southern accent and is yelling some shit and the cherry on top is Jeff G. Bailey coming out at the end to yell and stomp. They even work a moonsault into this! My favorite part is the drop toehold into the cage though, so simple and so violent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The shit I find reviewed on Segunda... This is a match set outside in a cage, no ring, just two guys waffling each other for five minutes. The chairshots are really disgusting and uncomfortable and the video is dim for about a quarter of it, but it's just so fun. Everybody has a Southern accent and is yelling some shit and the cherry on top is Jeff G. Bailey coming out at the end to yell and stomp. They even work a moonsault into this! My favorite part is the drop toehold into the cage though, so simple and so violent.

I am shocked I haven't seen someone like WWE, TNA, or AEW steal Shank's entrance for one of their outdoor/parking lot brawl-type matches.

I loved how short and violent this was, and the wonky lighting actually made everything seem more violent and dirty to me. I do wish it wasn't a "first man that leaves the cage wins" match but appreciated that they only did one tease of the door opening prior to the finish, and at the end of the match, the winner walked out after knocking his opponent out with a big move to cap off an appropriately violent brawl.

• Like 1