DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Chuck Cunningham - 4/3/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Remember how HHH said they were writing out Roman in a "creative", "fun" way?   

Well, they replaced him with Braun in the graphic, and then pretended he didn't exist.  Awesome. 

• Haha 2

I will be extremely disappointed in wrestling Twitter if someone doesn't add Terry Funk's FOREVER FOREVER to that goofy segment at the end

I guess the Miz won't be punished for in some ways causing this mess to begin with by coming into work sick.  Maybe his punishment is getting the crap beat out of him in the ladder match

My guess for the guy behind the truth videos is Ali.  Especially since have nothing for him. 

35 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I will be extremely disappointed in wrestling Twitter if someone doesn't add Terry Funk's FOREVER FOREVER to that goofy segment at the end

I guess the Miz won't be punished for in some ways causing this mess to begin with by coming into work sick.  Maybe his punishment is getting the crap beat out of him in the ladder match

My guess for the guy behind the truth videos is Ali.  Especially since have nothing for him. 

Ironically while what Miz did was very foolish he inadvertently accomplished something very good in convincing Roman that he should be nowhere near a WWE ring until this situation is under control.

I just watched this episode as background noise and it was pretty good.  

Bayley and Sasha were great on commentary and their interactions with Tamina were fun.  

Bryan vs. Nakamura and that whole thing with Sami Zayn at the end was good shit.. I'm loving this feud.  

Everything with Otis and Mandy is pitch perfect so far..  

The absurd Firefly Funhouse shit with Cena and Bray was done well.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember how HHH said they were writing out Roman in a "creative", "fun" way?   

Well, they replaced him with Braun in the graphic, and then pretended he didn't exist.  Awesome. 

A friend of mine posited, "Watch them say he has HIV."

So .... coulda been worse.

Edited by nate
  • Haha 2

That was a pretty good episode of Smackdown all things considered. The Otis/Ziggler feud has been amazing so far and this "hacker" showing the truth was a great part. It has to be Ali just based on the graphics/colors. But I can honestly say Otis's match is the one I'm really looking forward to. Ziggler is going to get tossed around and it will be so fun to watch.

Braun getting randomly thrown into the match with no explanation is totally a Vince thing. They probably had something for it, but at the last minute he was like AH THE HELL WITH IT. 

I find it amazing that Drew Gulak is half a step away from potentially becoming Interncontental champion. The whole feud with him/Bryan vs. Cesaro/Nakamura/Sami has been so great. I bet when the Fox people were promised something with a sports presentation, it was clips of all these guys that they were shown. Bryan/Nakamura should have been a Mania match itself. It's really amazing how Nakamura is just another guy in the WWE. 

On top of that we get Byran vs. Sami and it won't be the old Sami. It's going to be a chickenshit Sami who will try to steal a victory away. What a bizzare time we are in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I just watched this episode as background noise and it was pretty good.  

Bayley and Sasha were great on commentary and their interactions with Tamina were fun.  

Bryan vs. Nakamura and that whole thing with Sami Zayn at the end was good shit.. I'm loving this feud.  

Everything with Otis and Mandy is pitch perfect so far..  

The absurd Firefly Funhouse shit with Cena and Bray was done well.  

Plus Ramblin’ Rabbit survived the segment! Historical. 

The show was decent. Still miss having an actual audience.

The triple threat was solid.

The reveal for the Mandy/Otis/Ziggler saga was nice.

Nakamura/Bryan was neat though it feels odd that it isn't a big match for the WWE Title or a no. 1 contender's match