DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2020

Curt McGirt

Just realized that if they have episodes taped through May, those are all without Hangman. That's a long time to go without the Hungman especially when he was establishing himself as one of the best parts of the company.

Hangman was at the Daily’s Place tapings, which is where they filmed the Moxley/Hager match that’s going to air next week (and where the matches from Dark this week came from). It’s entirely possible they filmed stuff with Hangman at those shows.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:04 AM, AxB said:

. You can tell JR doesn't know where the line of Political Correctness is, because he says innocuous things like Nyla has a size advantage, and then apologises in case that was offensive.

Yeah, I get a little skeeved when a guy of his generation, and who was an integral part of WWE's late 90s grossness, just absolutely DWELLS on what a big woman Statlander is, for example.  Or any body talk, for that matter.  I was pissed off a few week ago when he was waxing poetic about how great Chuck Taylor would look if he filled out a bit, reminding me of his convo with Tony Jones in Wrestling with Shadows where he was obviously using coded language to tell Jones to get on the gas.  Since he was the point man for talent relations for WWE in the time where everyone was juiced and all the woman were size 2 with implants, he should probably just shut up about workers' bodies.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Don’t believe so. I’m not even sure when they recorded the Wardlow match, because I don’t remember him, and MJF at the 2nd tapings.

They were taping stuff at that first Daily's Place show.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, what's airing now is from the Nightmare Factory. Except Dark, which this week was from Daily's Place. Which is what I mean - he could have filmed stuff that first week to air at a later date, but I'm aware the bulk of their in-the-can stuff is from Week 2 at Daily's and last week at the Nightmare Factory.

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't think about this until now but the 'rona is kind of a boon for injured athletes, because not only do they have all this time to heal up and nothing to do but train but they aren't missing anything in their respective sports. 

This also gives AEW a chance to do the lights out gimmick with like five guys in one segment. 

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Bold move shouting out the "anti-aging clinic" sir

I saw it and clicked through. He is on another post of theirs advertising their "HGH fly and buy special".

"Thanks for the stem cells" indeed, Mr. Cage.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Haha 2

I literally ran into Cage in the cramped restroom at a House of Hardcore show while he was in his gear. I’ve never seen a human being look like that in real life. Scariest bathroom encounter with a wrestler since I was a little kid and walked in on Rocco Rock threatening to Stossel some 12-year-olds for asking him if wrestling was a work.

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cage looks like he's about to tear about 5 more muscles.

Like, I love a hoss who can work, but I tend to draw the line at dudes who look and move like a balloon animal. I don't give a shit how many flips and shit you can do. When you move like Cage does where you can't even put your arms down at your sides and the bumps you take look fucking weird, then it completely takes me out of the match.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

Anyone still watch BTE? I checked out when the weekly show started due to time but threw on this week's episode. Taya is a cast member? Is she done with Impact? 

Anything else weird or wacky been going? It seems know to be a showcase for the West Coast guys under lockdown. 

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Have you guys seen him prior to his current look? Hint... He looked like Jimmy Jacobs.

but which Jimmy Jacobs gimmick? Brian Cage as an emo kid in love hiding behind the mantra "Love doesn't save, nothing saves." would be pretty damn funny.