DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/1/2020

Dolfan in NYC

16 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

EVERY BODY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES. Love that Archer kept his theme music. Great squash, and I'm glad they were able to have talents back out in the crowd again. That along with the solid commentary throughout makes these shows livelier than others. Omega/Trent was good stuff. Shida looked great as usual. Real good main event. Cody/Archer seems the obvious final but I'm guessing they set up Cody/Darby in round 2 there at the end.

I'm hoping they go with Darby/Archer in the finals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Might be too tall to be a manager. Unless she’s paired with somebody tall. 

The Dark Order could use a female member. Have her at Brodie Lee's side and she won't look too tall.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I thought it was a better show than last week but it looked a little more minor league.  Given the circumstances, it looked fine though.  

I haven't seen a lick of Lance Archer since his days in TNA and he has improved by miles.  The guy looked like a superstar, especially destroying Stunt.  He has good presence and that back tat looks way better too.

The opener and main were pretty decent.  Trent got the shit kicked out of him but he still looked good.  Darby is a dick for losing the match because of his blunders and risk taking, and then blaming Cody by beating him up.  I'm also kinda glad Spears got a win.

They certainly had more than 10 people at one time in the show but whatever.  The crowd atmosphere was great.  Britt showing off her shoe before beating someone with it was great.  Spears and Sammy betting was great.  I even liked the Brodie vignette.  Hell, even Hager looked good in his package with Moxley as he came across like a threat not a goof.  And of course, the line of the night/year was "release the hounds."  Jericho is truly the best ever.

Also, Tony Schiavone is a fucking HOF level announcer, right up there with JR, Solie, etc.

Edited by notoriusvig
  • Like 4

I lost my shit when Jericho's dogs all ran out and just kinda did their own thing, especially the chihuahua. That may go down as one of the funniest segments in pro wrestling history.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

I thought it was a better show than last week but it looked a little more minor league.  Given the circumstances, it looked fine though.  

I haven't seen a lick of Lance Archer since his days in TNA and he has improved by miles.  The guy looked like a superstar, especially destroying Stunt.  He has good presence and that back tat looks way better too.

The opener and main were pretty decent.  Trent got the shit kicked out of him but he still looked good.  Darby is a dick for losing the match because of his blunders and risk taking, and then blaming Cody by beating him up.  I'm also kinda glad Spears got a win.

They certainly had more than 10 people at one time in the show but whatever.  The crowd atmosphere was great.  Britt showing off her shoe before beating someone with it was great.  Spears and Sammy betting was great.  I even liked the Brodie vignette.  And of course, the line of the night/year was "release the hounds."  Jericho is truly the best ever.

Also, Tony Schiavone is a fucking HOF level announcer, right up there with JR, Solie, etc.

If you're so inclined, I'd go out of my way to see Archer's New Japan solo run from last year, his work from the G1 Climax; and his US title matches against Juice Robinson and Jon Moxley. I like Archer better as a singles wrestler than tagging with Davey Boy Smith, Jr.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

I also greatly enjoyed this week's episode. I'm a HUGE fan of having the wrestlers being used as fans in the audience, and I like that they keep the face and heel sides separate. Loved Cassidy's sign. Loved they brought back the gambling bit from a couple of weeks ago.

Jericho's segment with the drone and dogs was above genius, just loved it so much.

I liked the Dark Order members jobber tag team, I kinda miss having jobbers (especially masked generic ones) being on television.

• Like 2

That Archer/Marko squash was everything.  Archer looked like he was legit murdering him, and Marko’s hope spots were really smart and didn’t hurt Archer at all.  That chokeslam escape was breathtaking.  I think the lack of a crowd even helped, because you could hear all of Archer’s ranting and Marko yells of pain.  A+ debut.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, EVA said:

That Archer/Marko squash was everything.  Archer looked like he was legit murdering him, and Marko’s hope spots were really smart and didn’t hurt Archer at all.  That chokeslam escape was breathtaking.  I think the lack of a crowd even helped, because you could hear all of Archer’s ranting and Marko yells of pain.  A+ debut.

That release Vertical Suplex though! Usually when people do that it's the 'drop the guy and walk away' style, like Vader would do. But Archer just launched Marko flying with it.

• Like 3

If you want to make Archer look like a fucking monster, Marko is the man to put him in with.  Dat vertical suplex....

Jericho's promos are the fucking MVP's of AEW.  He is not afraid to play the fool or be obserd.  Him in a hot tub in pants. RELEASING THE HOUNDS!

• Haha 5

I hate the Brodie Lee videos so much. Call me a WWE bootlicker if you want but that was so TNA like. A few more weeks and it's going to become Voodo Kin Mafia like. It's a shame because Brodie is so good and I liked his match last week and the squash tag this week. I hope they continue with the masked guys until the Revival come in and unmask.

Loved the Jericho video and Archer/Marko Marko was the prefect opponent for him.

• Like 3

This is what Brodie left WWE for? Should have gone to Japan to be a dominant gaijin instead of the leader of a mid-card for life stable. 

Jericho is the MVP of this promotion.  He's so far ahead of Hardy on the food chain that this is a waste of his talents. 

Archer killing Marko was great. Moxley video made Hager seem like more than the schmuck he is.

Putting Shawn fucking Spears in main events is a terrible idea, possibly worse than giving QT Marshall time on a nationally televised program. If Cody was Mr. 3 Star, is QT Mr. 1 1/2 Stars? 

That was the jaguars indoor practice field. You could see the artificial turf when the barrier moved and the ceiling looks the same. 

Thought the Jericho bit was hilarious. 

Edit: maybe I’m tripping, the ceiling is too low, but they were definitely on turf. 

Edited by matt925

Archer/Stunt was amazing.

Kenny/Trent would've been amazing with a hot crowd.

Nothing was bad, but the show seemed to really drag for me. Or maybe it's just all the accumulated weight of everything on me, I don't know.

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

This is what Brodie left WWE for? Should have gone to Japan to be a dominant gaijin instead of the leader of a mid-card for life stable. 

Jericho is the MVP of this promotion.  He's so far ahead of Hardy on the food chain that this is a waste of his talents. 

Archer killing Marko was great. Moxley video made Hager seem like more than the schmuck he is.

Putting Shawn fucking Spears in main events is a terrible idea, possibly worse than giving QT Marshall time on a nationally televised program. If Cody was Mr. 3 Star, is QT Mr. 1 1/2 Stars? 

They are filming at his school - so I guess they had to throw him a bone