DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/1/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Gov. De Santis finally issued a stay at home order for Florida for at least 30 days, so unless they're actually taping at the Hardy Compound, there's only one or two shows left. 

Anyway, for tonight:

• Lance Archer debuts
  • The second half of the TNT Championship tournament bracket is revealed
  • Cody Rhodes & Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara & Shawn Spears
  • Kenny Omega vs. Trent

Meltzer said they were taping both yesterday and today, and that they have taped some extra stuff here and there the last couple weeks, so maybe they'll have enough for a few more weeks of TV.

I still continue to maintain they should've shot as much as humanly possible that first week at Dailey's. When they still had most of the crew, could sit the guys in the crowd, etc. Then they could've just shut this down two weeks ago and have everyone safe at home.

In my mind I think it would be hilarious thinking of the AEW crew traveling around trying to find some renegade town/county that would let them film. In reality that would be extremely dangerous and stupid.

So they might do it.

Alaska has a shelter-in-place order.

North Dakota, Wyoming, Nevada, South Dakota, Iowa, Utah, Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Texas. Take your pick - may vary town-to-town, but on a large scale, state wide, there's nothing. You can widen your scope even further if you include states with "safer at home" directives, which are just suggestions, not an order from the state government.

LMAO at Cody always giving QT shit about his hair.

Trent and Kenny kicked the shit out of each other for absolutely no reason and I loved it.

Holy shit, how incredibly annoying is Austin Gunn? Both today in the crowd and last week in the locker room shots he was unbearable.

Awesome video package for Hager and Moxley. Hyped me up for a match I had zero interest in.

I laughed when I heard Marko was going to be Archer’s first opponent. Lance looked like fucking Goro next to him.

Tiny Inner Circle shirt for Vanguard 1 made my day. I’d say just let Jericho feud with the drone for the next 3 months. “Release the houuuunds”

Cody had that coming to him. I want to see Darby and Cody both advance with Darby getting the win, while Lance Archer comes out of the other side of the bracket.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I wonder who were under the Creeper masks. That was very old school if these guys were pulling double, or triple duty under multiple personas. My only guess is that the tall one was Shawn Spears.

Edit: Post-Show is currently fun if you miss cranky JR.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

EVERY BODY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES. Love that Archer kept his theme music. Great squash, and I'm glad they were able to have talents back out in the crowd again. That along with the solid commentary throughout makes these shows livelier than others. Omega/Trent was good stuff. Shida looked great as usual. Real good main event. Cody/Archer seems the obvious final but I'm guessing they set up Cody/Darby in round 2 there at the end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I'm assuming that they're in GA. 

I got that impression when they said where Anna Jay was from, and Pharaoh’s scarf. But then I noticed the artificial turf on the floor. Made me think they were in a practice facility.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

They continue making these empty arena shows fun with this being better than last week. I'm not sure how I feel about Darby decking Cody though. I get they try to give everything a real feel, Darby is annoyed, and he knows he might have to face Cody in the tournament, but it still felt weird.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Well I’ll say one thing about her... She needs to improve a lot. That backslide pin she did sucked. Good look though, but that’s not enough today.

If she transitioned to a valet like The Bunny, then it is.

• Like 1