DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING GIFS.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

IIRC this is the same Flair vs. Mutoh match I saw a music video (set to Fade Away by 12 Stones) for and downloaded from YouSendIt about fourteen or fifteen years ago. Never seen the whole entire match.

The MV was also on ClickWrestle back in the day.

The music video is better than the actual match from what I recall, but I also haven't seen it in probably a similar length of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

The music video is better than the actual match from what I recall, but I also haven't seen it in probably a similar length of time.

Flair in Japan is one of the most disappointing things to see. It’s like he’s the opposite Hogan with the type of matches they work. Even though they are doing something similar. It’s Flair’s American style is better than Hogan’s. While his straight laced Japanese style doesn’t really fit Ric, but totally works with Hogan’s large frame. It’s almost like he’s the Flair, Bret Hart wanted to work with. A person who did stuff that would be considered coherent in the ring, as opposed to improvised.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

17 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Flair in Japan is one of the most disappointing things to see. It’s like he’s the opposite Hogan with the type of matches they work. Even though they are doing something similar. It’s Flair’s American style is better than Hogan’s. While his straight laced Japanese style doesn’t really fit Ric, but totally works with Hogan’s large frame. It’s almost like he’s the Flair, Bret Hart wanted to work with. A person who did stuff that would be considered coherent in the ring, as opposed to improvised.

Haven't seen much of Flair in Japan. I just know Mutoh/Flair and at least one of the Tenryu/Flair matches were so disappointing when I caught them years ago. I think Flair's AJPW work in the 80s is supposed to be stronger, but I haven't caught any of it yet.

Edited by Eivion

40 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Haven't seen much of Flair in Japan. I just know Mutoh/Flair and at least one of the Tenryu/Flair matches were so disappointing when I caught them years ago. I think Flair's AJPW work in the 80s is supposed to be stronger, but I haven't caught any of it yet.

It’s very dull if you are used to 80s and 90s Flair in North America. He wrestles more like a throwback to the old traveling world champions. He’ll still throw in Flair spots, but he doesn’t do them every two or three minutes. It’s more hold for hold wrestling. Also all those matches tend to end in count outs so be warned you won’t get a lot of satisfying endings.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

We've seen the dropkick, dropkick, double dropkick spot a bit, but usually with little guys, not with someone like Taverne. It's always played for laughs but here it's elation:

P7ELyl.gif

So I was going for a funny ear-pulling spot, but fell upon this instead. This is a great example of how dangerous Delaporte could be:

QnGMMM.gif

And here is the ear pulling:

nxk13Y.gif

• Like 2

So THAT's what the sugar hold is! Thank you for the history lesson. 

And now we have figured out a name for that too instead of inverted WAR special or whatever 

EDIT: Here's this 

I got a good laugh at this because the poor dude on bottom looks just like my buddy Nico haha

This also looks a little different and apparently there are variations; there's a clip with Beau James doing like three different kinds. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Moving on to the other video, it starts with Jose Tarres vs Karl Von Chenok, a huge guy with an iron forehead vs a devious master of the nervehold. 

The huge guy has a headlock suplex:

xnxKoP.gif

And spends the whole match basically trying to do this:

3QXLKp.gif

Chenok's nervehold is pretty dangerous but Tarres has such a reach advantage and isn't afraid to use it on the poor guy's ears.

81NQBr.gif

• Like 4