DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

If you are wondering the sort of day Wrestling Twitter is having

All the wrestling reporters are yelling at each other over the Kenny Omega squash match

Velveteen Dream may or may not have done a really really bad thing (the word "minor" is involved)

I don't really care either way about the Omega squash, but I'm really intrigued by these people with very strong opinions about Kenny letting the guy kick out of his finisher, the V-Trigger.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Velveteen Dream may or may not have done a really really bad thing (the word "minor" is involved)

It's looking like people have a whole lot of receipts.  My Twitter timeline has all but pronounced him guilty.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you are wondering the sort of day Wrestling Twitter is having

All the wrestling reporters are yelling at each other over the Kenny Omega squash match

My wrestling Twitter at the moment is mainly Beau tweeting Continental results. 

• Like 1

I want to believe its all fake. I mean with photoshop it's not hard to fake a Twitter dm. Also on reddit there's some audio clip. With any number of programs it's not hard to put together a quick clip just using audio from him. The guy is about to get the rocket strapped to him. I can't believe he would be this stupid.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I find it amusing that EricR already brought this up over on Segunda Caida on Wednesday and they're just now getting around to arguing over it haha. Ahead of the curve! 

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

More flippy than an early 2000's indy show

That feud in APW was fun as fuck, man. I feel so lucky to have been around for a lot of that stuff in that goddamn hot garage. Grimes fucking blew my mind every time he went out there. They (he and Erin) matched up so well from top to bottom. As workers, with the size disparity, their willingness to do insane shit. Fuckin A did I have a good time watching APW. I can't imagine a great too much of it would be held in the same regard as I did when I was 21, though. My tastes have matured a little.

I just looked up the show, it's in Davis at the rec hall on campus at UCD. This would have been for Shotgun Saturday Night, I guess?

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 2

Now this is being reported...
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/velveteen-dream-was-accused-smashing-car-window-late-2019-arrest-warrant-was-issued-recalled

A man named Edgar Rodriguez reported a criminal mischief to Orlando PD on November 30, 2019, stating that he parked his 2015 Infiniti QX70 on North Magnolia avenue. When he returned to the vehicle, he found his driver's side window smashed, and the incident was caught on the building's surveillance footage.

The footage featured a black man in a pink shirt and dark colored pants approaching the vehicle, and motioning as if he was smashing the window, before riding off in a blue Ford Mustang. On December 18, Rodriguez contacted an officer, saying he saw the same man in the same car in his parking garage. The man was identified as Velveteen Dream after a December 29 police lineup, and the Mustang's license plate showed it was registered to Clark (Dream). The damage was stated to equal $1800 according to the warrant affidavit.

So you're telling me someone went to great lengths, flipped through mutual security caches, gained access to his personal phone number, had a voice changer to mimic his voice, to somehow gain access to his instagram account. Only to send sausage delights to anonymous fans in exchange for nudes? 

Am I reading this right? 

Was it Russian hackers?

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

So you're telling me someone went to great lengths, flipped through mutual security caches, gained access to his personal phone number, had a voice changer to mimic his voice, to somehow gain access to his instagram account. Only to send sausage delights to anonymous fans in exchange for nudes? 

hqdefault.jpg

1226537-E-180-F-4-C82-B056-635996-D26-B0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 17

They just put up a Pop Up edition of the W.O.M.B.A.T. show that was streamed a few days ago in IWTV. If you aren't already a subscriber why the heck not?

• Like 2

Regardless of if any of this is true, am I the only one who thinks that as soon as Dream got called up, Vince would take one look at him and make him a jobber geek?

[Triple H pulls up photos of Velveteen Dream on Vince's computer.]

Triple H: Next week, one of my very special projects, Velveteen Dream will be making his main roster debut.

Vince: Motown doo wop singer.

Triple H: What!!???!!

Vince: Yeah, like a black Honky Tonk Man.  Tell him to start slicking his hair back, and he can come out wearing a 1950's tuxedo, and he can sing doo wop to the ring, like The Platters or the Four Tops.

Triple H: Vince, I don't think you understand the amount of time and effort-

Vince:. Yeah!  And we can have him feud with R-Truth in a 'rap vs. doo wop' feud! We'll make millions!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2